• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Bronco dash

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
what size hole is the original cluster? I was thinking about moving mine to the right of the column, but did know how to make the perfect hole for the cluster

Mine is 6.5" and it (my whole inlay) was laser cut from a cad file I made.

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 65

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Thanks! Is it easy enough to find longer cables if I need them?

Its just a matter of using universal choke cables and if need be their outer sheath (the coiled metal) if I get a chance I will snap a pic or showing how I extended mine.

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you plan to use a dash pad you will doing some pad trimming. I really like my BC dash but it was never stated a dash pad would fit right up.

OP
OP
J

jlylec

Yeah I like mine too but it didn't come with tabs for mounting and the top dimensions are different. No big deal (kinda) but why not disclose this up front?
b5b96d08555e0bbdb85ce8e60b8ace5c.jpg

a318e924871549b7fb07a89fe86627eb.jpg

Hemi

Yeah I like mine too but it didn't come with tabs for mounting and the top dimensions are different. No big deal (kinda) but why not disclose this up front?
b5b96d08555e0bbdb85ce8e60b8ace5c.jpg

a318e924871549b7fb07a89fe86627eb.jpg

Doing mine now. Didn't have tabs. Cut my old dash and grafted cut outs into new dash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 92

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Way back when we were developing the dash we decided that the side tabs were not needed. The early dashes were not designed to fit a dash pad either but a couple of years ago we reworked it so that it would fit the stock pad. This is not a copy of the stock dash and never was. I never said it was, It's a replacement. I have had 3 people over the years say anything about the missing tab but if people want the tab it won't be a big deal to add it and the cost would be nothing or near nothing. The problem I see with the tabs is the inconsistence of the EB, meaning it will be less likely to just fit without making other mods. like bending the tabs and or relocating the screw holes. We made the dash thick enough to not flex without the screw.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Doing mine now. Didn't have tabs. Cut my old dash and grafted cut outs into new dash.
Your dash is looking good but is a good example of what I was talking about the EBs being inconsistent. See the gap between the door post and the dash? It is wider than some by about 1/4" and that is enough to cause the tab to not fit on one end or the other.