• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Bronco fuel line install

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I'm snaking the new BC Bronco's fuel line kit into the LUBER and have a question on the foward section of the line does it go over or under the cross member? Appears that it goes under but it looks like it could also go over the cross member. TIA

77Red

Loc.
Arlington, TX
I think over is best, on their site they have it that way. I did mine over, but a bit different than this. Here's their pic.

fuel%20lines%20center%20section.jpg

BandG_Bronco

Loc.
Inman, KS
Put mine over (like the BC pic) also used the measurements they provided for clamps.

Attachments

• B4 Body.jpg
    B4 Body.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 288
OP
OP
1sicbronconut

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the pic, the line kind of fell into place after I connected the rear line. Now if the darn return line would make it here I could wrap up the EFI install.

mattt

Bronco Guru
I'm gearing up for the install on these lines, and have a few questions for those that have done it. I used the measurements shown on BC's tech site, and my factory plastic clamps more or less line up with the measurements, except the first one at 24". Is it best to just install the aluminum clamps in place of the factory plastic ones? There are 5 that I can see and I think that's how many BC provides.

Also, is there a way remove the factory clamps from the frame without destroying them? What's the trick to removing them?

6daze

Use the BC clamps if you can, I had trouble getting a tap into most of those locations with the drivetrain installed. It seems to me that the drivetrain would need to be out to install these correctly...

The factory clamps I pulled and twisted...every one broke...

mattt

Bronco Guru
Use the BC clamps if you can, I had trouble getting a tap into most of those locations with the drivetrain installed. It seems to me that the drivetrain would need to be out to install these correctly...

The factory clamps I pulled and twisted...every one broke...

It does look like some of the locations will be difficult to get in there with a drill and tap, specifically the ones between the trans cross member and the engine bay.

mattt

Bronco Guru
I had a chance to measure out my stock clamp locations, and all is good except for 1 that BC Broncos makes no mention of on their tech site.

Their site says with a tape measuring back from the front frame rail to locate the clamps at 24" 40" 54" 91" 110".

The 24" clamp is on top of the frame rail. The others are on the inside of the frame rail. Now, for the missing one....

My Bronco also has a factory clamp right around 70" back. That makes the required clamps to be 6 pieces, instead of the 5 in the kit. Anyone else have the stock clamp at 70" or was Ford generous that day when they built my Bronco?

Seems like one at 70" would be good to break up the almost 40" gap inbetween the 54" & 91" dimension.

Anyone else run into this during install? Does BC recommend deleting the 70" location?

mattt

Bronco Guru
Moving this up. No one else with this clamp at ~70"? It's behind the trans crossmember and at the same location as the end of the e brake cable coming from the pedal.

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
Tell me more about this BCB fuel line kit, what pump(s) are you using and where? Accumulator? Return to tank or filler? I am looking at an EFI conversion, using the stock tank for now.

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
Moving this up. No one else with this clamp at ~70"? It's behind the trans crossmember and at the same location as the end of the e brake cable coming from the pedal.

If its tight and you can't get a tap in, try cutting a slot perpendicular to the threads in a decent sized bolt and turning that in the hole, usually will self tap in mild steel.