• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos Lift Kits

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
It isn't that hard to find someone that can build a good website.
Or that expensive anymore.

It isn't that hard to find someone to proofread for you.

Leaving your company's website look sloppy reflects on the way you do business.

Ever run a small business?

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Oh I dont doubt they have a great kit. Im just point out how poorly their web page and I guess phone support (occasionally) is. I sent them an email and still wana see what their kits run and stuff and keep them as a option for when I get this EB and lift it this summer.

I've never had a problem with contacting bc but I call them. There are still a lot of people that do business the old fashioned way, and by old I mean ten years ago. Big companies I email to avoid that horrible automated call menu. Small businesses I call or stop by.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
If you try hard enough you can get on this forum and complain about something until the cows come home. Absolute waste of time. If you can't find what you're looking for on a web site get on the phone and call them. Talking to people either via phone or in person solves problems.

As for BC, Chuck, Jason and other family members have always provided me service that is over and above. But I always talk to people before trying to find out something on a web site. That also pertains to sending emails which is a total waste of time. Emails are just too easy to ignore or delete.

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Here for example, are the three web pages for lift kits.

James Duff, all the info is there but for some reason my brain goes on overload when trying to look through it. Maybe its the font and color or its just to busy.
http://www.jamesduff.com/eb/suspension_systems.html

Wild horses has their page laid out nicely and its easy to navigate to what your looking for and sections everything out so its not as mind boggling
Start with what size lift you want http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/Bronco_Suspension_Systems
and then you choose your options for that size lift http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/Suspension_System_3in

And then there is BC broncos.... Lets start with the page that lists their lift kits
Simple and clean, nice list with standard and complete kits in order http://www.bcbroncos.com/suspensionkits.html

So now ive chosen my lift kit and want to order it or price it out so I click web store (buy now button) and it takes you to this, with not a single lift kit... http://bcbroncos.com/store/index.php?cPath=75

So for this case with BC bronco someone is just not paying any attention to detail and has head up butt syndrome... And I tried calling 3 times today and got no answer.

Ill piggy back onto this thread ;D

First of all please spread the word that jamesduff.com is no longer our shopping website. Go to DUFFTUFF.COM but in all lower case lol. Also our website can be used in a variety of ways. My favorite way to find parts quickly is to use the search function. We are constantly adding keywords to make your search easier. Keep your search words simple and short. Another thing to know about our site is once your search has populated, the site defaults to lowest to highest price. You can change this function by pressing on the 'sort by' button. Spend a little time with our new site and shoot me a pm if there's any confusion. We are still making adjustments and updates to help everyone's experience be as painless as possible. :cool:

JAMES DUFF OUT ;D

doghows72

Bronco Guru
So now you have to research on one site then go to another to shop? I better go check it out.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
First of all please spread the word that jamesduff.com is no longer our shopping website. Go to DUFFTUFF.COM but in all lower case lol.

What's the difference between the two sites? I always use dufftuff.com now but why have two??:?

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
What's the difference between the two sites? I always use dufftuff.com now but why have two??:?

Jamesduff.com is an older website that we outgrew over the years. Our new site is a lot easier for us to navigate, change and customize. We uploaded lots of info on the old site over the years so we kept it alive for our customers to learn about our company and products. It also took awhile to switch everything over. We will be doing away with the old site eventually. For now if you go to the old site we have added a link to the new site on the left hand side that says "click here for shopping cart site"

OP
OP
BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

Loc.
San Diego
Ill piggy back onto this thread ;D

First of all please spread the word that jamesduff.com is no longer our shopping website. Go to DUFFTUFF.COM but in all lower case lol. Also our website can be used in a variety of ways. My favorite way to find parts quickly is to use the search function. We are constantly adding keywords to make your search easier. Keep your search words simple and short. Another thing to know about our site is once your search has populated, the site defaults to lowest to highest price. You can change this function by pressing on the 'sort by' button. Spend a little time with our new site and shoot me a pm if there's any confusion. We are still making adjustments and updates to help everyone's experience be as painless as possible. :cool:

JAMES DUFF OUT ;D

Good info! That helps out a lot thanks for the explanation :)

If you try hard enough you can get on this forum and complain about something until the cows come home. Absolute waste of time. If you can't find what you're looking for on a web site get on the phone and call them. Talking to people either via phone or in person solves problems.

As for BC, Chuck, Jason and other family members have always provided me service that is over and above. But I always talk to people before trying to find out something on a web site. That also pertains to sending emails which is a total waste of time. Emails are just too easy to ignore or delete.

Yes I agree. This thread went south... I didn't mean this to bash on web pages and companies. I just wanted to figure out some pricing.lol I work 4 jobs so haven't had the time to call them to figure it out during their business hours. Im old fashion and cant stand the computer and emailing so I prefer to call people and make it short and sweet. Il try tomorrow to find time to call again.

OP
OP
BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

Loc.
San Diego
Haha yea I was kinda stunned myself. Id like to hear from some people who shelled out the money and see how they like it and get some pics and all.

And whats with all these dual shock set ups? All my bronco buddies say the dual shock rear and front is overkill and the single shock works better. So kinda confused why a lot if not most of these medium to bigger lifts come with dual shock setups.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Dual shocks have their place.

But single Bilstein's or RS 9000's will work for almost everything and ride much better...

You can opt out of the dual shock mounts. Run the stock rear mounts and get Chucks F-250 front mounts which will allow you to run a much longer shock for more travel.

This will save you some money too.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Definitely. But seeing as you're in the San Diego area, what is your wheeling preference? Some hard desert charging, or is your rig going to be primarily a "weekend family-fun taking the kids to the ice cream store downtown" kind of rig?

Basically, just about any situation can be handled deftly by the shocks bronconut mentioned with one per wheel. But if you're planning any blasts down 2-track dirt pathways or going to be in a hurry to get home from the Old Mojave Road adventure, duals would not be out of line for you.
If both, then you can run duals for the hard stuff and remove them for the daily grind commute and weekend city-fun, and re-install them for the long weekends in the outback.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Rats! Was saving that for my "just hit 20k" postmark.
But hey, what the heck, it's all about talking Bronco stuff and not all this arthritis-inducing self-agrandizement bs.:cool:

(But woohoo for me anyway!;D)

Paul

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Rats! Was saving that for my "just hit 20k" postmark.
But hey, what the heck, it's all about talking Bronco stuff and not all this arthritis-inducing self-agrandizement bs.:cool:

(But woohoo for me anyway!;D)

Paul

I've said it before.....and I'll say it again....

Paul you are amazing....

Thank you for all of your help.

20K plus....wow....

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Do yourself a favor and talk with Paul. When I was ready to order my kit his help was invaluable. Don't waste your money on duel shocks and all that BS. I told Paul what I was doing with my truck and he gave me some great advise.
I ended up with the WH 2.5 upgrade to bilsteins plus we actually took some stuff off the kit I wouldn't need so he actually customized it for what my intention were going to be.
Thanks Paul and congrats. ( I know wrong thread for that)