• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Lift vs James Duff Lift

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
Pros and Cons with BC Bronco's suspension lift
compared to the James Duff Lift.....ie 3-3.5"

According to James Duff you need to add a 2"body lift. Is this common when putting on a suspension lift? Is it really needed?

bpassmore

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Houston, TX
Oh man I want to hear this thread!<br><br>A guy locally says he hates the BC lift because he heard it rusts and rides like *shoot* ... But then again he also swears by EVERYTHING that Duff's makes.. <br>I hope people have expierence in comparing these two lifts!<br>

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Most people haven't had more than one lift on their rigs. I'd be willing to bet that the number of people who have run both a Duff lift and a BC lift at one point or another are very few and far between. It's going to be hard to get a concrete comparison of the to for that very reason.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The duff kit you are refering to must be the stage 2 kit??? The front hoops are a lot taller than most to get the huge shocks and articulation you want. I do not think you need the 2 body lift with their other higher end lifts.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
I don't see why a body lift would be required. I would buy a Wild Horses lift before I bought a James Duff lift. My bronco has neither of those, but I have ridden in Broncos with both and I have to say I was least impressed with the Duff lift. It was stiff, IMO. Wild horses was soft and a good ride and articulation was good. I have heard many good things about the BC lift and what you mentioned was the first bad thing I have ever heard about the BC lift. I am slowly buying the BC lift, piece by piece and when I have it all, it will be installed.

bpassmore

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Houston, TX
The comment I made about BC lift is NOT from first hand use. The person I spoke with has a chip on his sholder about BC in general. In his opinion Duff's stuff walked on water... He did like WH though

4X4 PONY

Loc.
Flagstaff, Arizona
I have the WH 3 inch lift and it is the second one I have installed. I like the ride it provides. The one I purchased is the 11 leaf pack and it does provide a soft ride. My Bronco is used for the road most of the time and is not used for rock crawling.

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
Well as going from some no name 2.5inch susp I got in the paper to BCs front coils. Its smooth like babys butt now. I will never use another company. Go BC and you will love it.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
The duffy kit requires a body lift to clear the taller shock hoops. I bought the taller duffy hoops and the front of the 2 behind the coil mounts would hit the coil tower if I tried to use it. My guess is like most duffy's stuff it only works with their radius arms. One of my friends has the early duff 3 1/2" lift(not the stage 2) and it's stiffer than the rancho kit on our 66. I've had BCs springs and coils on my 72 for 2 years and no morre rust than anything else. I would go with the bc kit. Better parts, service and they are more compatible with other parts from other sources.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=bpassmore link=board=5;threadid=10348;start=0#75205 date=1035087099]<br>The comment I made about BC lift is NOT from first hand use. The person I spoke with has a chip on his sholder about BC in general. In his opinion Duff's stuff walked on water... He did like WH though<br>[/quote]<br><br>I guess when someone comes along within the last 5 years and makes a better product than someone who has been in the business for 30 years, some people would get pissed! ;D ;D

bpassmore

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Houston, TX
[quote author=74bronc link=board=5;threadid=10348;start=0#75300 date=1035129025]<br>[quote author=bpassmore link=board=5;threadid=10348;start=0#75205 date=1035087099]<br>The comment I made about BC lift is NOT from first hand use. The person I spoke with has a chip on his sholder about BC in general. In his opinion Duff's stuff walked on water... He did like WH though<br>[/quote]<br><br>I guess when someone comes along within the last 5 years and makes a better product than someone who has been in the business for 30 years, some people would get pissed! ;D ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>I think you hit the nail on the head there.. He really has a narrow mind concerning Bronco parts - I am 100% sure now, Im going with the BC stuff...

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I had a duffy 2.5 lift and now have gone with a 3.5 BC lift. Not much to notice on the ride, Not enough seat time to compare. But I did notice the great deals and service from BC Broncos.<br><br> All you need to do to avoid the body lift to accomodate the duffy front hoops is to remove the inner fenders..

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
Ive had Duffs and wild horse. Its all the same man, get what you like.

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
I have the duff 3.5" lift with Dual extended travel shocks on all four corners and the Shock hoops up front and NO BODY LIFT!<br><br>I'm not sure if it is the dual shocks in the rear or not but mine rides a bit rough in the rear and riding in Rulebreakers 75 is much smoother and I believe he has BC Coils in his, not sure what he has in the back but he is only running single shocks.<br><br>I'm sure if I get my roof back on, the roll bar in and my Warn 8274 on it, it would make mine ride much smoother.<br><br>This is my second Duff suspension lift and I am happy with it and have never had any problems with them.<br><br>I hope this helps.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Go BC coils, National leafs, F250 extended mounts (at BC for $32), Cross Inboards (BC for $120), and Bilstein 5100's.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=67HalfCab link=board=5;threadid=10348;start=0#75374 date=1035151230]<br>I have the duff 3.5" lift with Dual extended travel shocks on all four corners and the Shock hoops up front and NO BODY LIFT!<br>[/quote]<br><br>you don' have the stage II hoops that is why you do not need the body lift.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Oh I forgot, you could cut out or trim the inner fenders and a small bottom part of the rear wheel housing if you want to skip the body lift.

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
If you get the Super hoops you need to either cut your wheel wells or get a body lify. The system F/G (I think) you don't need a body lift, I have it on mine. I think it works great.