• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCB corners with hard top

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
I saw someone that was and he used thick rubber to make up the difference that the gaurds take up. But no pics

the-glove

Loc.
Los Angeles
I am. You can look in my gallery but don't think you can tell much by looking at those. It does make the hardtop not fit as well. I heard some guys have taken some 3/16" x 2" strips of metal to put on the tub rail to make fit better. I'm thinking of cutting mine like Bosshoff said.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
If it were me I'd Notch the corners to avoid additional problems with the windshield frame.

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
It seems like the best(easy) way is to notch the corners so the top sits flat on the bed rail. But, you never know, somebody might have come up with a better way to do it.

OP
OP
Rockin69er

Rockin69er

Same here didn't take very much to cut them.

Ended up notching mine. It looks fine with the top on. Will have to wait until March when I take it off for the Stampede to see how it looks then. I was concerned about the door/windshield fit by just spacing it up.