• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bedliner Picture Request

71 BRNCO

Hey all,
After just reading a recent post about bedliners and speedliner, My mind is spinning with ideas. I am going to begin saving for a bedliner type product and I want to soak up as many ideas as possible. I am asking for as many pictures/examples as possible from my friends at Classicbroncos.com. My rig is red and I am trying to decide whether to do red speedliner or black. I am considering putting in carpet over the bedliner as well. I want the extended life of a bedliner with no need to ever paint again but still want the nice comfy carpet feel. I am also thinking of having them do the bronco script on the inside of teh tailgate or something to that effect. Anyhow please post some pictures and help me get some ideas for my project. Too many projects/ideas. Anyhow I am going to see some of the speedliner projects soon and will fill you all in
kyle

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Kyle,

I can't help with Speedliner, but here are some photos of how my Durabak Bedlining came out. I am 100% satisfied with it, and have used it in the past many times. If you can be swayed to DB, it does come with full UV blocking capability & is easy as pie to apply!

Enjoy the eye candy.

MnkyBiz

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Thanks and keep them coming.

Mnky-did you spray or roll? Hows the consistency? I would still like to get together and grab a beer and chat. Maybe a hooters gtg but its getting kinda cold. No top doors or heat sucks. Hows your schedule look next weekend?
kyle

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Kyle,

The consistency while applying the stuff is like runny oatmeal. Really easy to apply! I used brush and rollers. The rollers are supplied by Durabak.

The finished product is rubbery, but not to the point of feeling like something that will peel off. If almost feels a bit like a diving boards rough surface...if that makes sense.

I would love nothing better than to get together, but right now with my work schedule and the fact that my wife & I keep having to baby sit her dad on the weekends (just out of the nut house) I have little time to do anything fun. I hardly have time to work on the MOnkey Mobile! That is a real pisser!!!!

There is a possibility of the 24th, but no promises!

toque

Loc.
Surrey, BC
Here are some pictures of my rig after having it coated with Rhino Lining. Nothing fancy, just plain old black. More money than the do-it-yourself brands but it is good quality.

Attachments

• 160-6077_IMG.JPG
    160-6077_IMG.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 160-6078_IMG.JPG
    160-6078_IMG.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 160-6079_IMG.JPG
    160-6079_IMG.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 160-6080_IMG.JPG
    160-6080_IMG.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 152
OP
OP

71 BRNCO

I think that I am definetely going to do it in red to match the paint. i think that will look sharp

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
I am getting mine done in speedliner. It's not rubbery at all so if you like that feeling then this isnt for you. I dont think you can do this one yourself. I think you have to have them do it. The guys I talked to said that they can make it smooth or ruff(smooth being alot like orange peel). On this link http://www.speedliner.com/usa/examples_automotive.html they have the inside of a bronco done in red. Looks good. I am getting my whole rig done in it. I just cant make my mind up on the color scheme. The main reason I chose speedliner is because of the sweet graphics and stuff they can do. Line-X was my second choice. If you do it yourself I only have 1 thing to say.......take your time and do it right. I did the inside of a 88 bronco I once owned and didnt prep throughly and kinda rushed it. It was a disaster. It can be done and done right.....just not by me....lol. Good luck,
Steve

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

is speedliner extremely rough and hard or what? I want to have it come out extremely clean looking so will probably have it sprayed somewhat smooth overal with very little texture. Oh I don't know can't make my mind up
kyle

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Kyle, You have been in my truck, I used Red Durabak on the interior. I would do it again.

On the other hand, I used Durabak on the outside of the truck and it turned out horrible. Everything sticks to it. I can't get dirt stains out and if a leaf lands on the hood and I don't get it off in a day or so it will embed itself in the liner. I have to call Durabak to find out what happened because the interior is great.

Chris

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I'm kinda poor and had to do mine myself. SEM tintable ( ANY color you want ) has UV protection built in. A kit cost $180 and it was enough to do the entire inside and I have some left. The higher the air pressure you use the smoother it goes on. For more info go to www.semproducts.com :)

Attachments

• cage27jpg.jpg
    cage27jpg.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 67
  • rear of bed with bedliner.jpg
    rear of bed with bedliner.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 96
  • passenger front floor bedliner.jpg
    passenger front floor bedliner.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 70
  • inside driver door bedliner.jpg
    inside driver door bedliner.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 73

72SPORT TX

Loc.
East Texas
The PO of mine used some funky off brand liner, rolled on and looks as bad as it sounds. I plan on stripping , grinding , whatever, to get mine out and had planned on using Line-X, I have seen some trucks with some great looking liner work done with it........ But now after seeing that Speed Liner, I know I must find out more about it ! Looks good and wouldnt mind having a Ford logo on my bed ! Anybody out there seen it up close. Does it really not fade ?

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
72sport tx.There is a speedliner a couple of miles from my house.I have seen some of their work.The texture and feel of it looks to me like rhino liner.It is real nice.When i did mine i sprayed it on myself.I made a mess.I wish i had known what i know now.I pity you or myself when and if i have take it off to get it done right. From what i saw i would recommend Speedliner.The guy that owns the shop has his Bed done in Yellow and it hasnt faded at all, He says it wont.

72SPORT TX

Loc.
East Texas
Thanks Flash, I have seen alot of liners have that faded and/or white wash look to them and that is one of the things I was really worried about. A buddy of mine had his chebby line-x 'ed on the lower half(custom two-tone) and it looks good and has a really good texture, kinda like medium grade sand paper and is very even all around. Thats the look I want to get is a real even look to it. Mine now has areas on it that looked like it melted and sagged. Just horrible. Gotta get it out soon ! If you figure an easy way to get it out let me know. I would take my whole body and get it dipped if I could find one in East Texas( need a new paint job too so would be great if I could get it dipped !) I think I will be checking out the Speed Liner.
Thanks

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
72 sport tx all that i know to get get out the crap i put in mine is aircraft paint remover.Then im not sure about that because you cant get in the cracks and crevices.I know you dont want to get that junk on your skin.I would really like to redo mine but i guess im stuck with what i have for now.
Good Luck with yours.If you figure out a better way you let me know too.

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Speedliner I think for a basic black with them prepping the tub is around 500 to 600
kyle

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
TXBRONCO61 said:
how much does it cost to get the inside of a bronco speed lined if its just plain old black?
i paid line-x 300 - 350 but i did all the prep work myself. that was from firewall to tailgate