• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Been gone a while....WTH????

OP
OP
carhauler

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
Yes it was a good deal then or now. As Bart said, it was great mechanically but needed body work done to really be something. I can remember looking about a year and a half ago and there was some really nice stuff on here and CL/ eBay for what I thought at the time were really great deals. For about what junk goes for now. Just surprising to see the jump in price.

I'm in no hurry at all so I'll just bide my time. As far a s traveling, I own a trucking co as my screen name implies. I don't mind a little driving...... Depends how far I guess.

As for other fun trucks from the era, I've always been a ford guy but I could really get into a 71-72 K5 blazer. Always liked them.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I looked for over two years. Had a semi-serious offer on Saturday about mine, almost twice what I paid for it, and I've put very $$$$ into it since. I don't think I could find one in the same condition to replace it though for that price, don't think I'd come out ahead in the end when I tried to replace it with the way prices are today.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
As has been said the TV exposure of the bronco has upped the price. Of a lot of broncos but there are still some out there with good prices. As for the car flipper shows well they tend to have buyers that are already willing to pay the big $$ so thats kind of unrealistic in a sense but it does drive up the prices.

Most auctions do tend to drive the price up as well. While I wont say all broncos go for more than there worth at auction many do go for more. Ive seen some that had nothing moe than a paint job and barely a good one get way more money than they should have gotten for no other reason than the big name auction house. While its nice to get what you put into a vehicle its really unrealistic to get all your money back out. Yes you can wait until that right person comes along but it may take time.

Best thing to do now is figure out the norms and have the $$ ready.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I had mine shipped to me from another member on here. Don't rule that option out.

From what I've seen, a rust free one will go for around 15-16 with close to survivor status and drivable with some wear on the paint and 75K-100K orig miles. If you want something that needs a little work, you better be willing to slip out over 10G if you expect it to be drivable and fixable at the same time.

Once their fuel injected with nice paint, expect them to be over 18.

The market has risen on a lot of older vehicles.

You may be better off putting your family in a newer JK with a lot more safety features than an EB and you could still finance it. Grab one with a Pentastar and rock and roll.

TheGanzman

Loc.
San Clemente
You may be better off putting your family in a newer JK with a lot more safety features than an EB and you could still finance it. Grab one with a Pentastar and rock and roll.

...and be sure to stock up on "Five Hour Energy", since ever' time you go out in the garage and look at it, you'll start to dose off...;D

OP
OP
carhauler

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
I can't see either of those links. I'm just gonna wait a bit and see what happens. I haven't ruled out buying from a member here but I consider this site and the people here to be the authority on the EBs and the prices here are real world prices for the most part. Not worth offending a fellow enthusiast in my opinion. We know what they should bring in various stages of repair. Fact is I cant afford one at these prices. No way around that fact..... I will keep my eyes open is all.....

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I can't see either of those links. I'm just gonna wait a bit and see what happens. I haven't ruled out buying from a member here but I consider this site and the people here to be the authority on the EBs and the prices here are real world prices for the most part. Not worth offending a fellow enthusiast in my opinion. We know what they should bring in various stages of repair. Fact is I cant afford one at these prices. No way around that fact..... I will keep my eyes open is all.....

Don't forget to spread the word to family and friends. Word of mouth deals may be very far and few between, but they're still out there.

OP
OP
carhauler

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
Don't forget to spread the word to family and friends. Word of mouth deals may be very far and few between, but they're still out there.

LOL!! I'm the black sheep!! My extended family wouldn't know an EB if they got hit by one!! They think I'm a redneck.

We hosted one of the Jewish Holidays a few years back at my house (I'm the Heeb and the wife and kids are Irish Catholic) and some of the family wondered into the garage because it was a nice day out. My 71 was on jackstands with the motor on the stand, floor pans out, Strikers tacked in and rockers laying on the floor. They all looked at me as I was smiling lovingly at it and asked if I thought I could put my JEEP back together again and what year it would run again..... I said I bought it like that and they all just shook their heads and walked out.

I walk a lonely road.....;D

neonizagas

Loc.
Minneapolis, MN
Hey fellas,
WTH has happened to the prices on EBs of late??? I been all over CL and these prices are downright bullshit!

What have I missed? Why are these prices so high on junk????:mad:

Well I have owned and been tinkering with the classic Bronco since 1978!
I have been buying parts and Broncos since.

I really think it was after the exposure the Classic Bronco recieved in this Video from the show "TRUCKS" that the popularity and prices started to climb!

"Listen to what he says at 2:15 and then again at 12:48 and you'll get the answers! It's 13+ min but worth it!;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlTbaFx1KPU

OP
OP
carhauler

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
Well, Its about 2 years later Since I originally posted this thread and it seems like things are as bad or worse. I went to look at a bronco locally that would be a nice start for a drivable resto-mod. Lotta rust in the usual places as well as eating thru the fenders and such. Has some mild suspension upgrades and big tires....THATS IT. This tool wants 20000.00 and is serious about it. I actually laughed in his face when he said it truly thinking he was kidding. Then he got pissed when I offered him 5000.00 because thats what the damn thing is WORTH IMO.

Again, I don't have a big budget and there is really only 1 one here I'm interested in and the member hasn't been on i a while I guess because he hasn't replied.

So where are you guys looking for affordable project trucks now a days? CL & EBay are a joke....

Bad time to be looking I guess....This could force me outta the fold....

OP
OP
carhauler

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
Well I have owned and been tinkering with the classic Bronco since 1978!
I have been buying parts and Broncos since.

I really think it was after the exposure the Classic Bronco recieved in this Video from the show "TRUCKS" that the popularity and prices started to climb!

"Listen to what he says at 2:15 and then again at 12:48 and you'll get the answers! It's 13+ min but worth it!;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlTbaFx1KPU
I can see paying up for THAT truck as it sits now, but I'm certain it wasn't 11,000 or anywhere even close to that when he or the network picked that one up!!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Where I live prices doubled or tripled from January to May of this year.
Since then they have settled downward some but not all the way to where they were before.

The only good thing for me is all the recent interest seems focused on uncut Broncos and I will never own one.

OP
OP
carhauler

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
Where I live prices doubled or tripled from January to May of this year.
Since then they have settled downward some but not all the way to where they were before.

The only good thing for me is all the recent interest seems focused on uncut Broncos and I will never own one.

Doesn't seem to be dropping around my way. I was just looking for that moron's CL ad to post up but I guess he took it down. There are rigs on the for sale board here, right now for less money, that 20x the truck I looked at today. Its really beginning to piss me off....

I wanted you all to see the BS going on in some parts of the woods.

Germd

I guess its all how you look at the situation - "glass half full, or half empty". 6 years ago the economy was still in the toilet and the market for "old cars, classic cars, muscle cars, special interest cars, etc.." (call it whatever you want) was a buyers market. Now, the economy has improved (maybe not for everybody) and the classic car market, fueled by "disposable" income has become a sellers market. Ford isn't making any more EB's, but a lot more people want to enjoy the experience of driving one, so it's simple really.
Speaking of looking at the glass as half full, which would you rather do - spend $40K on a new Jeep like everyone else and have it be worth $20K in a year or two, or spend that $40K on a nicely modded EB and have it maintain it's value?
I'm fortunate that I'm neither a seller nor a buyer but an owner. I passed on a lot of junk and rigs that I thought were overpriced and I missed few that would've been considered "a steal". I may have overpaid a bit for the one I have, but I feel fortunate to have it to enjoy.
No disrespect intended.:)

No Hay

Bronco Guru
LOL!! I'm the black sheep!! My extended family wouldn't know an EB if they got hit by one!! They think I'm a redneck.

We hosted one of the Jewish Holidays a few years back at my house (I'm the Heeb and the wife and kids are Irish Catholic) and some of the family wondered into the garage because it was a nice day out. My 71 was on jackstands with the motor on the stand, floor pans out, Strikers tacked in and rockers laying on the floor. They all looked at me as I was smiling lovingly at it and asked if I thought I could put my JEEP back together again and what year it would run again..... I said I bought it like that and they all just shook their heads and walked out.

I walk a lonely road.....;D

Hilarious!! Good luck with your search.
The owners around Portland are pretty proud of their values here too.