• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bell housing

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
C5TA-6394-A

Located between the trans and the bell, impossible to see when installed. If it's cast iron, and it's 164 tooth, and it is drilled for your Bronco clutch linkage, and if bolts to your Small Block Ford, and your 3 speed bolts to it... then this is it.

Attachments

• C5TA-6394-A_1.jpg
    C5TA-6394-A_1.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
KempDaytona

KempDaytona

Loc.
Knoxville
It's a top loader 4 speed. I'm trying to get the right clutch for it. Thank you for the input. Very helpful

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
It's a top loader 4 speed. I'm trying to get the right clutch for it. Thank you for the input. Very helpful
There are two different patterns for the toploader 4 speed. The 1964-65 narrow pattern, and the 1965+ “butterfly” pattern. The butterfly pattern is the same as the Bronco 3 speed from 65-77.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
You need to get a clutch that fits the flywheel as well as the bell housing.
I (and my top loader 4 sp) have been happy with a Superior Centerforce dual friction 11" clutch kit.
Don't have a part number, I bought it 21 years ago.

2023-01-14_212641.jpg