• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best and easiest way to remove dash items

74bronk

I need to know how to remove the dash pad on the bronco without destroying it.

How do you remove some of the bezels for the light switch and wiper switch and all that stuff?

Ignition switch?

AxlesUp

Loc.
Collierville TN
i know there is a tool for the bezels. saw it on one of the vendor sites.

i usually just grab them with a pair of channel locks and maybe wrap it with a towel if it is a nice bezel. the really stubborn ones get a tap tap with a flat head screwdriver and tiny hammer.

just for the record flat head screwdrivers are only useful as punches and it is ok to own a tiny hammer..................

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
I need to know how to remove the dash pad on the bronco without destroying it.

How do you remove some of the bezels for the light switch and wiper switch and all that stuff?

Ignition switch?

There should be screws that you can only get to by lowering the windshield frame. May require top removal or at least move it enough to get to the screws. The rest of the screw you can see from the front.

Bezel tools are the best for the bezels unless you're not trying to keep them looking good.

Billsboat

Loc.
Rowlett tx
I made my own bizzel tool with a metric socket (I forget what size I used) but it needs to just fit inside the theaded retaining nut. After you get the proper size socket, head to your grinding wheel/ angle grinder and go to town. Of course leaving the two little nibs that fit the retaining nut. Good luck!

Ps. I used the metric socket because I rarely if ever use them...

OP
OP
74bronk

74bronk

Thanks the easiest way to remove that stuff is to remove the dash board completely it made life very easy one I was able to unbolt dash and lean it forward and just start unplugging everything.

zonian

Loc.
St. Augustine
Ditto what wildhorses advised...I just had my dash pulled and put a new dash pad. I had to remove the bolts mounting the cap to the windshield, folded the windshield down, no worries!