• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best bumpers?

Jeepeater

I am looking for a front bumper with winch mount, light tabs, tow hooks, and good angle approach. What is the best bumper out there right now for our broncos? Also looking for a rear bumper that will fit a 35" tire and also has a receiver hitch and tow hooks.

Krawln68

Loc.
Newark, CA
I do not like the Hansons for the simple fact that i could damn near buy a set of bumpers for the price of one of theirs.

crab

Bronco Guru
68Steed said:
I do not like the Hansons for the simple fact that i could damn near buy a set of bumpers for the price of one of theirs.
I aree, but there was no mention of a budget but simply the best ;D

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
68Steed said:

????????
Not plate bumpers
they are all $$$$

Rocksolid Rear with Tire Rack-2" Body Lift Retail $642.00
Rocksolid Front (No Hoops, as pictured below) Retail $486.00

that is $1100 + shipping so around 1300 bucks

Hanson front with pre runner bar little over $800 shipped without the bar around 700
Rear with tire carrier around $820ish w/ shipping

around 1600 shipped or 1500 without the prerunner bar not even close to double of anyones bumpers unless you are thinking tube bumpers

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
ProtoFab

I got my cage from them, then my pre-runner rear bumper with tire carrier, then Friday I got the front pre-runner extreme bumper.

Pic is from their website. Keith and Mike are great to work with and they both know tons about the early broncos.

Good luck!

Attachments

• ProtoFab Front Bumper.jpg
    ProtoFab Front Bumper.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 64

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I am really impressed with Hanson bumpers. I put two on a bronco here at home and they are perfect in every way. I mean perfect ! They fit like they had this truck right there in their shop when they built them. Solid, detailed, quality plus ! No grinding. No slotting of holes. They bolted right on.

Yes, they are a lot of money but they sure are nice.

Attachments

• bronco from front.jpg
    bronco from front.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 178
  • rear bumper.jpg
    rear bumper.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 170

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought this one from Duff last year.

Attachments

• Front bumper.jpg
    Front bumper.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 122

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
I vote build you own...Don't get me wrong I like the manufactured ones, but I like being able to customize it the way I want..not the way someone else wants it, and the way everyone else has.... Find a buddy with the tools and ability and build what you want...Just my opinion.. I built my own and I have had many, many, many compliments so I know I did it right... I do need to finish my front, but I am waiting until I do the body lift to clear my EFI intake..

Attachments

• broncohighlift2155 (2).jpg
    broncohighlift2155 (2).jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Copy of mikes bumper robs stage 2 008.jpg
    Copy of mikes bumper robs stage 2 008.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Copy of building ops 30 apr 012.jpg
    Copy of building ops 30 apr 012.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 87

House

Minutia Militia
I also vote for Hanson and Protofab.
I like them both so much I had to have both! lol
Actually, I didn't like how the Protofab front is only for a body lift, so I got the Hanson.
But, I liked Protofab's tire carrier assembly better, so I went with their rear...

It would be *kewl* to have all matching stuff, but until someone sponsors me I'm going to buy what I feel is best for every part...

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
just to throw a cog in the 'hansons protofab love fest'

i personally liked the look of the Bronco South bumpers.
aka Kens71

go to the links section and you can find them.
we are going to reopen the 'tire on the drivers vs passenger side' argument now? %)

Had the protofab front on my last one...it was nice. took a couple hits by some hondas and only scratched while totally them....so it's stout.

i'm just patiently waiting for another mass buy on the Bronco South ones.... ;)

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
I agree 100% with JaxLax. Ken's bumpers offer underside protection whereas none of his competitors do.

Kens design is damn near perfect. If only he's build the bumper with the winch recessed, I think it would be perfect.

Ken.. you listening? We need a mass buy on your bumpers man. (not that I can afford them now but...I'm ready for them) Also need them for a 3" BL as well. ;D ;D ;D

Link: http://www.freewebs.com/bronco_south/custombumpers.htm

72bronco

Bronco Guru
I agree that Hanson makes some damn fine bumpers. But sadly they are just too expensive for my budget. If I had unlimited $$ I would probably go with Hanson.

But I will also put in a plug for protofab. I have their family cage and prerunner style rear bumper with tire carrier. They make a first-class product that is tough and priced very competitively. Plus they are a great company to deal with. Both my cage and rear bumper bolted right on and fit perfectly.

I do plan on getting a prerunner style winch bumper. I've been leaning toward going with protofab again but I also like the look of that Duffy bumper as well.

MichaelB14

Loc.
Cumming, GA
Here is one of Kens bumpers with a prerunner bar I added...

bronco005.jpg

Grunt1058 said:
I agree 100% with JaxLax. Ken's bumpers offer underside protection whereas none of his competitors do.

Kens design is damn near perfect. If only he's build the bumper with the winch recessed, I think it would be perfect.

Ken.. you listening? We need a mass buy on your bumpers man. (not that I can afford them now but...I'm ready for them) Also need them for a 3" BL as well. ;D ;D ;D

Link: http://www.freewebs.com/bronco_south/custombumpers.htm

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Hey MichaelB14-

How about you pimping a few more pics of your truck...I had not seen anything since the thread where you discussed your color scheme...I like. The whole thing looks great. You can PM or email them to me if you would rather not post. Trailpsycho@hotmail.com

Thanks

John

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
I just priced the steel for my rear bumper. I will probably have around $100-125 in metal. That is for the bumper and a tire/fuel can rack. I'm too cheap to pay too much for something I can build myself. The new welder I bought this past spring has paid for itself in projects and repairs. I built my front bumper mostly from end cuts and scap pieces. I took a couple of weeks to gather the steel and put together just working on it on the weekends. But the satisfaction of having a one-off design is unbeatable..

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
my rig, Proto-fab rear W/ 35" tire and Hanson front w/ grill guard both top quality, had bought a Ken's bumper and sold it, very poor quality compared ot the other two.