• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best bumpers?

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
IMHO Hansen makes the best looking front and ProtoFab the best looking rear. But since WH is in town and I'm into instant gratification I bought Protofab. The front has been on a few months and I slipped the rear on this weekend thanks to MLOGAN24 and his dad. Here's a lame mock up shot.

Attachments

• Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 119

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
Here's another Hanson. Top shelf :)

Attachments

• EB Hanson Front 001ps.jpg
    EB Hanson Front 001ps.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 105

Nuke

Wasn't Duffs coming out with a new plate bumper? A while back during the last mass buy for plate bumper, some folks backed out when they say the one from Duffs that was coming out. The winch sat lower in it. It seemed to be a good mix between the protofab plate and hanson.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Another vote for Ken's
These bumpers alone make my rust bucket look good.
AND they keep the spare tire HIGH out of the way so you're not dragging it when you go up a steep hill.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mark Troy said:
Another vote for Ken's
These bumpers alone make my rust bucket look good.
AND they keep the spare tire HIGH out of the way so you're not dragging it when you go up a steep hill.

I don't see a plate bumper on his site???????????

How much was it?

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nuke said:
Wasn't Duffs coming out with a new plate bumper? A while back during the last mass buy for plate bumper, some folks backed out when they say the one from Duffs that was coming out. The winch sat lower in it. It seemed to be a good mix between the protofab plate and hanson.

Have not seen a price on it yet. Only pics. It was in their new catalog tho.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I like the Stealth line of bumpers, but alas, they are no longer in production. Originals required some fender and QP bobbing, but they were low profile, and tight up against the body.

My dream is that someone will bring the design back into production......

Krawln68

Loc.
Newark, CA
I have Ken's rear, with no doodads. I have a Guardian front, but i would much rather have had a stealth. I may be building a new front and selling this one.

Attachments

• 1-21-05 002.jpg
    1-21-05 002.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 1-21-05 004.jpg
    1-21-05 004.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 51

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
77TexasBronc said:
I am staying with the love fest, Hanson gets my vote.

I also like the Hason bumpers, yes they do cost some coin. I could not build my own and have it have the quality of a Hanson. So the Bronco budget takes a hit for a few months...

After all isn't that want a Hobby really is: Time and Money.

Attachments

• Bumper frt view.JPG
    Bumper frt view.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 58
  • Bumper angle view.JPG
    Bumper angle view.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 116

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
904Bronco said:
I also like the Hason bumpers, yes they do cost some coin. I could not build my own and have it have the quality of a Hanson. So the Bronco budget takes a hit for a few months...

After all isn't that want a Hobby really is: Time and Money.

did you or hansen cut the holes for the lights?

forestguy

Loc.
Reno, NV
The onl problem I have with the "Bronco South" rear is the cutting on the rear quarter. I don't want to cut the quarter panel, but like the look of their bumper.

MichaelB14

Loc.
Cumming, GA
I don't have many pictures of it right now...

I have been trying to get my fuel injection going, so it hasn't left my garage very much.

Since these pictures I have replaced the cage with a crab cage...

bronco006.jpg

trailpsycho said:
Hey MichaelB14-

How about you pimping a few more pics of your truck...I had not seen anything since the thread where you discussed your color scheme...I like. The whole thing looks great. You can PM or email them to me if you would rather not post. Trailpsycho@hotmail.com

Thanks

John

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
77BroncoWag said:
did you or hansen cut the holes for the lights?

Hanson made the holes. I ordered mine before the mass buy started, but Wayne elected to add it to the mass buy to improve the numbers. I do not think he offered the fog light option for the mass buy. I am not sure if he still offers it, I am guessing not. The lights are 2100 series PIAA's.

Doug

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Nuke said:

Here's a pic of it.

Attachments

• Resize of P7240066.JPG
    Resize of P7240066.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 119

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Bumpers

I am a little late getting in on this one. 2bad has already posted pics of my Hanson bumpers on page one and I could not be happier. Perfect fit. Stout and look great. I added lights in the front like 904 and they work perfectly. I have seen soem of the the prices out there and I think people may be a little surprised that these are not as expensive as some are saying. I walked away with both my bumpers, light buckets, push bar,winch plate, d-rings, tire carrier, utility rack and shipping to NY all under 1800. Again very happy and Paul being a bronco owner himself is easy to work with and willing to do whatever you like.

69Sport

Loc.
ST. Louis
Duff Bumper

Hey Seabiscuit, do you have a body lift with that bumper, if so how much. And could you tell me how far that the winch will sit down into the bumper. I am looking for a set up that blocks the grill as little as possible. Thanks 69sport

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Actually the Bronco belongs to Hotwheels. No bodylift. Here's a pic showing the depth of mounting. It is the actual prototype one shown in the new catalogue mounted to Hiho. There's supposed to be some difference in the production unit though I don't know what exactly that would be.

Attachments

• Resize of P7240062.JPG
    Resize of P7240062.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 64

ransil

Bronco Guru
mp said:
I like the Stealth line of bumpers, but alas, they are no longer in production. Originals required some fender and QP bobbing, but they were low profile, and tight up against the body.

My dream is that someone will bring the design back into production......

Brett has re-surfaced over at B-Fix.