• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Center Console for EB's? & Speaker Questions

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Yeah as far as storage in the console its of no importance I have a toms console right now and I really don't use it to store much more then my MP3 and stereo thats why I was thinking it would be a great place to put some subs.

OP
OP
I

IVIaverick

View attachment 210900 I am running one 10in sub in the rear and with the sound bar and one 2ch amp to the sub, the system pounds and is crystal clear http://classicbroncos.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=198883&d=1298838777

Sadly, Zoob, I didn't even think about routing the wiring through the bar. :( lol Such a simpler, less expensive option. I will probably just send the padding back in that case and save myself some $$$.

Thunder and myself are working on a console design that he is going to build with a 10" Sub, 5-Channel Amp, and Head Unit which I am going to connect to 4 6.5" waketower cans on the Roll Bar. I am considering putting 4 more in the front but trying to work on the schematics. Would like to get some door inserts (which I think Thunder also has an idea for) for two and maybe the BC Broncos media cover with just the two speakers and dome light. I don't need the mp3 mount or amp so I wonder if they could do some kind of "Bronco" Emblem in the center or something along those lines. I'm thinking that would look nice.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I picked up some high density foam that is laminated between two layers of 600 denier Cordura type material. I made a roll bar pad with it. Bind the exposed edges and sew on some velcro to run the length of the seam. Not too bulky, but keeps the noggin from getting a quick goose-egg.

I'd like to see some photos of your console.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does anyone have any experience with this style console?

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-268-command-center-modular-communications-console-191-194-198.aspx

I am running a hardtop so security isn't my biggest concern. Otherwise, the typical console on the market is only offering cup holders, room for one stereo component and a storage box.

I need room for a stereo, EQ, switches, cup holders and storage. I might hang my CB off the front this way so I can reach it better. I mounted a small speaker in the factory dash hole to use as a remote CB speaker so the CB location is not as critical to hear it.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My question was regarding the console.

The EQ is looking like the easiest way to run a dual amp setup, one for front, one for rear speakers. I may adjust that opinion if I get a 4 channel amp that I can control the fade with.

Even if I don't use the EQ, I still need to mount some switched within reach.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Most newer stereo's also have multiple pre-amp hook ups for front and rear don't know how well that console would work I think it might get in the way of the transfer case shifter without modifying it or mounting it back purity far.