• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best front bumper

U

Unregistered

Im looking to get a new front bumper. I want to eventually mount a winch and offroad lights on it. What would you guys get if you had a choice? Pictures would be great.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
This is one of my favorites. Hanson Enterprises.

Attachments

• red junkyard quarter.jpg
    red junkyard quarter.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 462
OP
OP
U

Unregistered

wow that bumper is sweeeeeeeet. what does that go for, like 800$?

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
I really like the Hanson bumper but, I've been trying to get in touch with someone At Hanson for months. Once the guy was out of the office and I left messages three or four times and have never heard from them. Are they still building Bumpers ?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The Hanson bumper on the Todd Z. ride is what inspired me to create my own bumper. Not much of one to buy what I can build.

Attachments

• rusty 66 ds.jpg
    rusty 66 ds.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 424

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Just wanted to let you guys know that I tried to e-mail Hanson about the grey bumper on the red ED, but my email bounced back. Does anyone know how to get ahold of them by phone?

OP
OP
U

Unregistered

I like that one also waverous. I was leaning more towards a pre-runner style bumper. I currently have some powder coated bumper set up for a winch....excellent condition..that i might be selling to finance a pre-runner style one.

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
I've got a Protofab winch bumper on mine that survived jumping a car on the freeway and then tipping up and skidding on thenose after I landed. All I had to do to the bumper was file down some rough spots and repaint.

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
When I buy, I'm going with Kens bumpers front and rear. They are 99.9% exactly what I designed myself. Why re-invent the wheel when someone else already has.

Plus from the looks of it, Kens isn't as expensive as Hansons.:p

wilson

I also have the protofab classic winch bumper, I havn't tried freeway car jumping but it handles the trees and rocks well.

Moaiz

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Re: Bumpers

broncoscoot said:
Check out wild horses they have about any kind you would want

Unless of course you want either the Hanson bumper or Kens bumper. WH seems to carry protofab and thats it.

I like the angles on protofab plate bumper and will probably end up with that one but if I had the extra cash I would go for the Hanson

I want to see a plate rear from protofab, having a matching set would help sway me.

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
I'm with you on that. If I had the money, I'd go with Hanson, but Protofab is my second best option. On the up side, I heard the Hanson's are a bit heavier than the Protofab's.