• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best headers to run ????

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I've had Duff's long tubes on mine for 5+ years and have been very pleased.

broncodude_73

Do not do the long tube from wildhorses unless u don't mind loosing ground clerance.
there is nothing wrong with the headers other than the ground clerance issue in my opinion.
I'd prolly pull mine off and sell um if you wanted so i can get some shorties

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I'd consider long tube headers with 1 5/8" primaries for a Stroker got to let that thing breathe. I think that BC's are 1 5/8" and I know that Hooker Super comps p/n 9814 are 1 5/8" they are also fenderwell headers that run outside the frame so it doesnt matter what tranny you run. But if you have shock hoops I dont believe they will work.
Long tube headers will make more torque than shorties. Shorties are usually just a tad better than stock manifolds. I would also suggest getting the coated versions of what ever you buy they look nicer and will last a lot longer when coated.
My headers are 1 5/8", shorties, ceramic coated inside and out, fit all EB's and add 27 hp over stock 351 manifolds.