• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best / High Quality Window & Door Seals & Weatherstripping

FoMoCoBronCo

I know this gets posted rather often; however, it seems as if this question requires frequent reposting / discussion as vendors and products seem to fluctuate in quality over time. I have a '71 Bronco that needs new window & door seals- driver & passenger door weatherstripping, windshield seal, rear quarter window seals (with grooves for trim), rear window over tailgate seal, etc.

I've seen that Dennis Capenter's new "premium" seals have receive positive mentions. I've also seen Metro seals get good reviews in the past, but recent commentary suggest they have changed their formula, so not as good anymore? I've also seen older mentions of Precision and Delconick.

Can anyone post their recent experience with any of these and offer some guidance? Much appreciated!

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I’ve been using Precision replacement parts for years no problems Windshield with trim back glass quarter windows door weatherstripping another issue they change your style a few times not sure if I like it just put it in

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One bit of advice. No matter what brand or version you buy, TEST FIT FIRST!
I have Precision brand on my 68 and the drivers door closes very nicely. But the passenger door is very hard to close.

Even our brand, which we have found to be very good, is not 100% consistent.
That’s why we have the guarantee that if yours don’t work perfectly, you can return them with no hassle.
Unless they’ve been installed with the glue and torn apart to remove that is!
In those cases, we probably do ask a few questions first.😉😁