• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best lower radiator hose for EFI

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I am in the end stages of my EFI install and would like to know how some of you have gotten the water from the drivers side pump inlet to the pass. side radiator outlet. Is there a pre-form hose that fits, or several pre-forms that can be spliced with rigid tubing to fit? I would like a clean install, but I will do almost anything to be rolling down the road by Firday. :-

-J

Lonestar

Loc.
Austin, TX
I am in the same place and am probably going to just go to the Radiator shop and have them switch the inlet and outled on the radiator. I was quoted 50 bucks to do this

tonto

Bronco Guru
I just came across this the other day at http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com/01hot_new/index.html

installed_rad_tube.jpg

Lower Radiator Hose
Lower Radiator Hose for Serpentine Belt Conversion in Early Mustang
No need to replace radiator when converting to serpentine belt!
Makes connection between Serpentine Water Pump and Early Mustang Radiator
Can be used when installing late model 5.0L or 5.8L engine w/ serpentine belt
or converting early engine to serpentine belt

Industrial Chrome Plated, Hi-Quality Silicone Hose, Stainless Steel Hose Clamps

On Special This Month !!
$99.95 kit

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
[quote author=tonto link=board=5;threadid=15631;start=0#msg118270 date=1048611112]

I just came across this the other day at http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com/01hot_new/index.html

Lower Radiator Hose
Lower Radiator Hose for Serpentine Belt Conversion in Early Mustang
No need to replace radiator when converting to serpentine belt!
Makes connection between Serpentine Water Pump and Early Mustang Radiator
Can be used when installing late model 5.0L or 5.8L engine w/ serpentine belt
or converting early engine to serpentine belt

Industrial Chrome Plated, Hi-Quality Silicone Hose, Stainless Steel Hose Clamps

On Special This Month !!
$99.95 kit

[/quote]

That looks exactly like the ones Todd Z. makes. I'll put in a plug for Todd's setup. I've got one, works great. He's since improved them and usually has a few available to sell. Quick, clean, easy. Since it uses the readily available stock EB lower hose (you have to cut it up) hose replacement is no big deal.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I run the stock EB radiator with my 5.8 SEFI, and I use the corrugated metal hoses. Coolflex is one brand, or you can get the Summit brand. They bend to fit any application. I bought a kit that had I think 48" of hose and all the connectors and hose clamps, and was able to do the upper and lower hoses with it. I don't think I have a pic of it to post.

Dusty

66horse

Bronco Guru
[quote author=Dusty link=board=5;threadid=15631;start=0#msg118474 date=1048645414]
I run the stock EB radiator with my 5.8 SEFI, and I use the corrugated metal hoses. Coolflex is one brand, or you can get the Summit brand. They bend to fit any application. I bought a kit that had I think 48" of hose and all the connectors and hose clamps, and was able to do the upper and lower hoses with it. I don't think I have a pic of it to post.

Dusty
[/quote]

I did the same thing (at least with the lower). I used summit brand. Costs like 0 or 45 bucks.

OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Thanks for the replies!
My EB just happened to be getting its exhaust done when I posted this message, so when I picked it up, I asked them to bend me a crossover as in Todd Z.'s write up. Seems to work great, and they didn't even charge me extra!

-J