• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best manifold for my application

garciaj

Loc.
lakewood
I'm an idiot ! just putting it out there I was in the middle of installing me holley terminator EFI kit and it hit me I have a 2bbl with a 2 bbl manifold . It's a stock 302 no internal upgrades . What's the best manifold that will fit under my stock hood . Not gonna do anything crazy with my bronco just city stuff with the occasional run up the hill I read in a few places the Holley EFI doesn't like dual plane manifolds

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Edelbrock Performer (NOT Performer RPM). Wide power band, decent distribution, fits under the stock hood.

You could argue a single plane would be better but since you are using throttle body EFI you have fuel in the air stream so it will act like a 4 barrel.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I read in a few places the Holley EFI doesn't like dual plane manifolds

That's correct for the Holley Terminator. Dual plane will work fine with a 1" open spacer under the throttle body or you can modify the intake (video). I added the open spacer to mine and it definitely made a difference. Very important the spacer be open and not have the 4 individual holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUinafJlo3E

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do all the TB based system have this issue or just the Holley?

TIm

I have only read about it with the Holley Terminator. From the way I understand it, I would expect it matters to all the new ones that use a "4 barrel" type throttle body. An open spacer if you have clearance for it can't hurt.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I have only read about it with the Holley Terminator. From the way I understand it, I would expect it matters to all the new ones that use a "4 barrel" type throttle body. An open spacer if you have clearance for it can't hurt.

Thanks.....I guess I have some reading to do as I want to do this on my 390FE and have a performer RPM on there now. I am running a 1/2 spacer now but I can't go any more due to hood clearance issues.

Guess the key for me would be the size height wise of the TB unit vs. a Holley 770 Street Avenger.

Tim

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I mention 1" spacer because that is the most common. 1/2" spacer should be fine. There is a video that describes this very well but not Bronco related, I think it's on a chevy engine. You should be able to find it if you search.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I read where fitech says you can simply notch the center runner and be ok. So open bore is the ticket.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
So from doing some reading and watching, it's a MAP sensor issue. The MAP is on the D side of the T-body so it can't read airflow on the P side. Both sides need to "blend" if you will so all airflow can be measured.

So if you add a spacer it needs to be an "open" spacer. I guess you could notch the plane in the intake in lieu of a spacer.

Tim

OP
OP
G

garciaj

Loc.
lakewood
My bronco is pretty much stock no body lift stock hood I still use the original air cleaner so hood clearance is an issue. Has anyone notched the plane with success? If so how much is notched out