• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best manual transmission for 302

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Should have been more specific.....doing the conversion to hydraulic is the part I'm stuck on. I just need to do some research....

Tim

Really simpler than stock.

In the stock clutch you have a rod to a lever to a pivot to a rod to the clutch fork to the throw-out bearing.

In the hydraulic clutch you have a rod from the pedal straight into the master cylinder then a hose to the slave cylinder in the clutch assembly which is the throw-out bearing also.
And more room for the exhaust.

COSCAG00

Should have been more specific.....doing the conversion to hydraulic is the part I'm stuck on. I just need to do some research....

Tim

I just finished installing a ZF and it really is easy. I fretted over it and the hardest part was getting the clutch pedal back on after I drilled it out for the actuator rod bolt. I went with the BC Broncos kit and it work perfect.

elliottferrell

Loc.
Savanna, IL
Will anybody throw up a thread or a few photos of the hydraulic clutch setup other than the tech article that's up. I'm in the same boat between the zf and nv.

bsquared

Contributor
Will anybody throw up a thread or a few photos of the hydraulic clutch setup other than the tech article that's up. I'm in the same boat between the zf and nv.

Here ya go on the clutch master cylinder pics. That part of the install is probably the easiest, all things considered. I went ZF + NP205 w/ twin sticks and couldn't be happier, but it does shift like a truck, not like the NV.

31 tires and 4.11 gears, it doesn't bog on inclines and 65 @ 2250rpm. I think with an adapter and Dana 20 you won't need the extra support the 205 needs, but it wasn't that tough. Good luck and I vote ZF.

Attachments

• ClutchMaster1.jpg
    ClutchMaster1.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 154
  • ClutchMaster2.jpg
    ClutchMaster2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 130
  • ClutchRod1.jpg
    ClutchRod1.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 124
  • ClutchRod2.jpg
    ClutchRod2.jpg