• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best spark plug wires

weekend warrior

Loc.
Seabeck, WA
What's you choice for plug wires? I'm running throttle body EFI and pertronix flamethrower 2 coil with Pretronix igniter 2 ignition module on a pretty much stock 302.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Check out Edelbrock 8.5 wires from Jeg's. I use the cut to fit ones for a custom fit but they have the universal ones too. And they are made in the USA and cost around 60 bucks.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If you have a cap with male posts, the Motorsports wires. Been running them for 20+ years. Good quality, great value, and they are numbered which is really nice if you take more than one off at a time.

69_Sport

+1 on Ford Racing plug wires.

I like to use the generic V8 kit. It comes with the spark plug ends installed, and the distributor ends loose in the package. That way you can custom fit each wire and improve the looks. The pre-made ones never seem to fit just the way I like. It's very easy to do, and makes a big difference in the fit and routing.

You'll need a set of plug wire crimping pliers, too.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
I guess I am the odd ball, the Ford motorsport wires on mine had a lot of spark leaks, you could spray it with a water bottle and see the spark leak.
I use normal Taylor wires, good quality with a molded boot.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I put a set of Taylor Spiro-Pro wires on my first Bronco in 1990 because they were quite reasonable from Summit, I found one laying on a header and it had not melted or become damaged in any way, since then I have been a fan.