• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best spot for rear view mirror it tall

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
My mirror story.
Put a cage in and had thoughts of running around without a windshield. Put the mirror on a tab under the cage. Everything looked fine. Time to put the hard top on. That went well. Go for a drive. Oh we have a problem. The mirror was mounted too high. Looking out the back window all I saw was the ground behind me. I expect to see the horizon in my mirror and I couldn't. In the end I cut the tab off the cage and glued a tab on the glass mounted much lower so I could get the view I wanted out the back window.

Things change when you put the hard top on. Oh, check the aim outside. Just because you can aim the mirror at the back window doesn't mean the aim is right past the back window.

probably would be my kind of luck too lol