• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Top Leak

mshade

Loc.
Mooresville IN
Has anyone had a leak across the front stitched seam if so how can you get it to stop. I believe thats were it is coming from my bronco had been sitting for a week went for a drive and water came out of the wiper cover.

OP
OP
mshade

mshade

Loc.
Mooresville IN
Looked up Best Tops web site did a search from what I can find is to use Scotts 3M
water proof stuff on the seams only on the inside still open to other ideas.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Don't let the top sit with a puddle of rainwater in it. That is what stretches the seam.
I have made it a habit to put a boogie board on my roll cage to prevent the rainwater from collecting when it rains.

Found that out by coincidence. We left the board on the roll cage one day and it rained. There was no puddle.
I plan to add a pair of tubes and weld it in someday, Someday I will get it done.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I clear-sliconed the seams on my Kayline years ago and it worked great. Just a dab on the finger and run it down the seam pushes it into any gaps. Being warm helps, as the silicone is thinner and flows well.
I did it from the inside, if I remember, just to keep the visual issues to a minimum.

Don't know if there's any negative to silicone on the material or threads, but it worked ok for me.

Good luck.

Paul

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
When I had water coming in through the wiper cover the cure was putting some weather stripping I got from Lowe's near the outside ends of the windshield riser. The location for the weather stripping was on the top of the riser was between the snap/rain channel on the windshield frame to the upright part of the riser. Water would come up the rain channel through the gap by the snap. This cured the drips coming through my wiper cover.

OP
OP
mshade

mshade

Loc.
Mooresville IN
That could be it the hole by the snap because my Bronco is setting pretty much level front to back but tipped side to side quite a bit leaving the passenger side real exposed. of coarse its raining hard tonight here in central IN. to go out and fix it right and no go level spot to park it thanks for the help. Mike