• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best value vendor for brakes

sundevil64

Loc.
Austin area
I have just acquired a 67 bronco, stock and original. Aside from the motor the top of the list is to address the brakes. The vehicle has been sitting for nearly 10 years.

What is the best vendor that offers the best value for brake parts. I may convert to disc later, but for now I am going to run the drums since the original
170 inline 6 and three on the tree. I doubt I will be going very fast in the near future.

Thank you in advance.

John

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I found O'reilly's has lots of parts for our eb's on the shelf rather than having to order or drive to numerous parts store locations to get everything. Never been there much in the past but one moved in down the street next to the Autozone and Advance....
Orlando has a lot of parts stores to choose from....really...a lot.
I have many choices and am starting to really like O'reilly's.....

OP
OP
S

sundevil64

Loc.
Austin area
Good to know that Orielly's carries a lot of parts for the early broncos.

I ordered a factory shop manual (used of course) from ebay. Are there any other good books. I am familiar with working on vehicles and have found that some books are better than other, but hard to beat the factory shop manual and the rest is know how.

Thank you.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Factory shop manual is perfect.
More references the better though.
Chilton and Haynes are Good to have around too.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Get all of the vendors catalogs too. Lots to be learned in them as well.
Especially Wild Horses.

bmbm

catalogs and info

Check out fordsix.com and classicinlines.com for maintenance and performance info on six cylinder engines.