• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best way/place to weld on shock mounts

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
my new rear end doesnt have the dual shock mounts my old one had. i bought some mounts. where is the best place to mount them on the axle? how do you measure where they go? id hate to weld them on and have them off by an inch and have them bind or something. help!

broncobilly_69

Loc.
Lebanon
I would guess just make sure that they are place so both the fore and aft shock are the same length. I had to cut mine off and re-weld it because the new shock mount had the shock compressed much more than the factory shock mount.