• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best place to buy AA kit (#50-2704E)

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Be easier for all if you told us what it was so we didn't have to go to the site??? Am I the one that's lazy or... have you googled? Just being honest as I asked two people here and they felt the same way.

Hope you find it

OP
OP
Leila's Crush

Leila's Crush

Thanks,
This is the Advanced Adapter for the Dana20 J shifter to the 4R70W explorer 4x4 transmission which requires disassembly. I know this adapter includes the adapter housing, new output shaft, spud shaft, retainer, bearing, snap ring, gasket, seal, o-ring, fastening hardware, and adapter instructions. The lowest price I found is 638.00 including shipping and taxes.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
And that's for the 4x4 4r?

The 4r70's I've put in Broncos and had either a D20 or Atlas did not need any dissembly, just the output shaft trimmed about 1/4".

What trans have you got exactly?

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
They are all the same around that price. Probably MAP controlled
For the retailer margins are very low on AA products, not much wiggle room on price. Discounts get better the more you spend, but it’s still narrow. Last I checked they had minimum advertised pricing, not telling you what to sell at but what you could advertise. Even at that the margins are low enough it’s not a good business model to discount, a profit still needs to be made.