• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Beware Bronco parts on e-bay

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I had a bad experience with a guy selling on e-bay and I notice he has A LOT of stuff for sale at this time. His e-bay user name is fire fly 77. I would think three times before I bid on one of his items if I were you guys. I paid him over $300 for a tailgate he said was "the best I've ever seen" and I like a a$$ hole left him a positive feedback before I checked it. It was full of rust, covered in primer and I just didn't see all the pinholes untill a day later ( I let it sit in the garage and dry off ). I paid $350 for this tailgate and I now have it listed here in our for sale section for $150 just trying to get some of my money back. He is a LIAR and is not to be trusted. If you have a way to post this to other Bronco sites I would appreciate it. You would be doing all Bronco guys a big favor. He has another primer tailgate on e-bay for sale right now and it brought back some bad memories. Sorry so long BEWARE this seller !

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=12336;start=0#91547 date=1039971691]<br> I paid him over $300 for a tailgate he said was "the best I've ever seen" <br>[/quote]<br><br>Thats kinda of a subjective comment. Maybe it was "the best hes ever seen". But really.... sorry you got burned. This should highlight the fact that E-bay is just one big garage sale of questionable goods.

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
The "best he ever seen" is only a part of the big fancy description he had written. If it was not a very good story the bidding wouldn't have went all the way to $350. A lot of people must have thought it was a cherry tailgate. I have a add here in our parts for sale section that says I would prefer not to ship so I hoped the buyer could come and see the parts for themselves. This guy makes a living selling junk to people and thats just not right. I wonder if IRS should get a copy of this thread ;D

Explore74

Loc.
Lubbock, TX
I agree with the statement about e-bay being a garage sale of questionable goods. I've been burned too. Sorry for your loss.

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
For just a little more money you could've gotten a Brand new Tailgate from a Ford Dealer. <br>I don't remember the exact price but I think they are right around $400-450.<br><br>Sorry too hear about your bad luck and thanks for sharing it with us so others can avoid a bad deal.

Boozer

[quote author=jeepster link=board=5;threadid=12336;start=0#91550 date=1039972375]<br>[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=12336;start=0#91547 date=1039971691]<br> I paid him over $300 for a tailgate he said was "the best I've ever seen" <br>[/quote]<br><br>Thats kinda of a subjective comment. Maybe it was "the best hes ever seen". But really.... sorry you got burned. This should highlight the fact that E-bay is just one big garage sale of questionable goods.<br>[/quote]<br>I do not totally agree!!!! I have sold on Ebay for over 4 years.....some great parts and other items....

Boozer

And I do really hate that you had bad luck......but I hate to see good sellers that work hard for a good name get the short end.......I have also bought parts from ebay that I could have not found anywhere else for a great price.........I just have been lucky not to have got bent over......ask him for the money back....I always offer money back if not happy unless I state otherwise in my add.......
Boozer

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
Just this morning I was wondering when a bronco part I bought of ebay was going to get here....went back to check it is the same seller. I bought a door cup for like 4 bucks and 5 for the shipping, is has been about 2 weeks. And as stated in your auction "UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED; All Items except big/heavy items be shipped via USPS priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation. This ensures it gets to you quickly." (Dec 3rd was the end date of auction)

G

This is ridculus. I am the person he is talking about. I am a girl, so how he refers to me as HE and not SHE, and supposedly dealt with me is beyond me. 2) This is the first I heard of this issue, ever. Had he emailed me back, if he actually bought a tailgate from me, I would have refunded his money or whatever. also the most epensive tailgate I ever sold was 269, which was a oem one from california, with zero rust so where he is getting these figures is beyond me. BTW that tailgate was sold over two years ago..... Whatever.... check my feedback on ebay, 98.2% postivie with over 300 comments. If you want to email me off list feel free. I stand by my reputation.<br>Melissa

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
There was a tailgate and I have sent you the item number in a private e-mail. I consider myself a good person who takes care of his own kind. I posted this as a " watch out ". These people have made many people happy and some not so happy. It works that way in every business. Some people will see the negative feedback you have and pass on your items , some will not. I am not going to keep this going forever. I posted a beware and I will do it again to look out for my own kind. I have a 100 % feedback rating on e-bay. I just bought a fender listed here in our parts for sale section and I told the guy I would send him extra money for the trouble he had shipping it. I offered it , he didn't ask for it. I bid on the e-bay item and I kept my end of the deal , I paid them for it. If bidding goes to $300 + for a used tailgate someone thought they would get a very nice tailgate. I posted my warning and I am done with this :-X from now on. If you lose any business over this it is because of your seven or eight negative feedbacks . Not because I warned a bunch of friends !

G

You say you are warning a bunch of friends.... but you tell half truths. After spending a while I found the item in question. It was sold a year and a half ago. Never received one email from you about being unhappy, if I did I would have resolved the issue. Also it was a 265 dollar tailgate, not 300 not 350. Finally. I am also a bronco enthuisit. I own two EB's and have spent a considerable amount of time and money on them. Whatever.. I stand by my reputation. AS far as I am concered the tailgate was fine, and if it was not, why wait a year and half to complain about it, unless you have some alternative motive... which I have not figured out yet.<br> Whatever... matter is finished.........................

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
[quote author=fire_fly77 link=board=5;threadid=12336;start=15#91713 date=1040009388]<br>You say you are warning a bunch of friends.... but you tell half truths. After spending a while I found the item in question. It was sold a year and a half ago. Never received one email from you about being unhappy, if I did I would have resolved the issue. Also it was a 265 dollar tailgate, not 300 not 350. Finally. I am also a bronco enthuisit. I own two EB's and have spent a considerable amount of time and money on them. Whatever.. I stand by my reputation. AS far as I am concered the tailgate was fine, and if it was not, why wait a year and half to complain about it, unless you have some alternative motive... which I have not figured out yet.<br> Whatever... matter is finished.........................<br>[/quote]<br><br>He probably just saw your name up again and remembered you. He was just warning us about what he got and what you "said" you had. There is alot of crap on ebay and we try to watch out for each other so others dont make the mistakes that we do when trying to purchase bronco items from someone who sells alot of it on ebay....<br><br>You can polish up a piece of crap on ebay and sell it for more money, but in the end its still a piece of crap. People do this with words or with shady picture taking. I am not saying what you sold was a piece but he did and as he is an active member we will be wary of buying items from ebayers who have recieved items that were not as described.

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I asked everone to drop this. I posted my warning and that is that. Two people use that e-bay user name husband and wife and I only posted who sold it (fire fly). I don't CRY :'( about things I do that are foolish. I bid , I paid ! I also said you have a primer tailgate for sale NOW and seeing it brought back bad memories of the primer one I bought then. ( a flashback ). I'm sure you have had some good sales and many happy customers. But you also have had some unhappy people who leave you negative feedback for being slow etc. So anyway where is TexasBronco's door cup ? Two weeks ? Enough said. Have a happy holiday season

G

Fine... Its really funny how I find out about unhappy people on public lists, instead of by directly emailing me. AS to the door cup it was sent over a week ago. Odd how I have not received any emails asking where it is. <br>Whatever.... so if Texas Bronco wants to email me off list, I be more than happy to help him find out what happened with it with the glorious USPS. If need be I wil send him another one, I have a few floating around. Also for the record had 2badrotties emailed me when it happend, I would had refunded him his money, if he was unhappy regarldes of the condition of the alledged tailgate. I relize I am anewbey on this list, but have been on other bronco lists for about 3-4 years now.<br><br>Everyone have a good holiday.<br>Melissa

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I've been buying stuff off ebay since it first began. I have to say I've kept an eye on bronco stuff and have sold some stuff a time or two, but I noticed when this guy first came on, he was selling "his" bronco which ran great. Now he's changed his auctions to actually selling parts, which he has before, but he's turned it into a business and his stuff is kinda pricey, as is his shipping charges. <br><br>If anyone is curious, bronconut and broncomike are great to deal with on ebay. Oh, and I can't forget LSUPete, he is honest as well.<br><br>snake