• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Scams on Craiglist *beware*

Bronco Biff

Contributor
...the silver one was for sale in Raleigh NC also.....I was getting all excited about taking a road trip to go get it!!

N747JB

So basically every $2700 Bronco is a scam. Super

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is! %) It's not just Broncos, they use pickup trucks, Mustangs, Camaros, anything that people are looking to buy. Just price it at such alow price that the victims let down their guard and send the money to an "escrow" account.:eek: Bye bye money!%)

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is! %) It's not just Broncos, they use pickup trucks, Mustangs, Camaros, anything that people are looking to buy. Just price it at such alow price that the victims let down their guard and send the money to an "escrow" account.:eek: Bye bye money!%)

Yep they price it at a point where they use peoples greed to circumvent their logic. They price it at a point where someone thinks I have to snap that up before someone else sees it. They then pressure the person by saying things like I have a guy coming to look at it in a few hours and without money down I have to let it go. So even if they can't get the whole amount out of you, they get a decent deposit.

N747JB

Yep they price it at a point where they use peoples greed to circumvent their logic. They price it at a point where someone thinks I have to snap that up before someone else sees it. They then pressure the person by saying things like I have a guy coming to look at it in a few hours and without money down I have to let it go. So even if they can't get the whole amount out of you, they get a decent deposit.

And if it didn't work, they would quit doing it! %) I knew a guy about 10 years ago that was buying Porsches from Texas at a STEAL, just pay the shipping upfront and the balance when the cars arrived. They were some special deal used on a factory test track, LOW mileage, the factory was selling them cheap to ministers so they could use the profits to help their churches. His pastor let him in on the deal.:eek: This was before the Internet was as popular, anyway the guy I knew "bought" several of them. As far as I know the transport truck must have gotten lost and he's still waiting on delivery.:cry: GREED is the key to any SCAM, you have to appeal to people's greedy tendancies to get them to do stupid things with their money. Heck the city of Atlanta "invested" in some Ponzi scheme a few years ago, the Ponzi guy wined and dined the right people, promised huge returns and had a big party for a couple years til the feds found him. %)

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Can we copy this thread into the Classifieds? Guys are posting up links to these scams. Or just move the thread there?