• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BlackBox-i Planetary GearBox for your Atlas, StaK, Dana300 and Bronco Dana20

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I just tried mine out at OCBR for the first time and it did everything it was suppossed to do. It shifts in and out with ease and the low addition was definitely a big plus. I have mine bolted to a STAK 3 speed T-case and it only added 4.5" to my drive line. The guys were great to deal with and the product is everything it is suppossed to be.

Thanks Again guys.

Stephen

OP
OP
N

northwestfab

Loc.
Parksville, BC
Glad to Hear People are liking their BlackBoxes!!

Thank You 66Bronco for the Order! We should have more Bronco D20 Shafts instock within the next few weeks.

Kris

OP
OP
N

northwestfab

Loc.
Parksville, BC
Would you recommend the BlackBox over a doubler set-up?

The BlackBox will Give you a 4 speed transfer case instead of a 3 speed, and will give a lower double low. as well as a gear split.

Its about half the weight of a 203 range box and not as bulky.

Basically If you can afford the BlackBox over a 203/205 doubler its definatley a good idea.

Kris

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
It's also 3 inches shorter than the 203/d20 and a lot smaller. Great investment if you are going doubler. I love it

Dave

apachetech

Loc.
Mountain Home, Idaho
I have looked at it briefly. I was planning on going the 203/205 doubler route but after seeing this thread and your build, I am reconsidering the 203/205 and looking at the 205/ blackbox doubler. I would have to go with the original blackbox but I am not sure what the difference is between the original and the new i-planetary one. What cables did you use?

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
My floorboards have been cut away and replaced with expanded metal and I actually was able to mount the shifter dorectly to the black box without the use of the cables.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 120

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
Ups just dropped the parts I need to start putting my blue one together. T.d.s. is my goal.:cool: