• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bleeder nipple box wrench size????

t2jeff

Loc.
Playa Del Rey, CA
Running to Sears at lunch to buy a wrench for bleeding my brakes. Anyone know the right size to fit on the nipples???? What about the MC???

Thanks!!

Jeff :eek: :eek:

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I'm sure someone will post the sizes, but between the bleeders and both MC ports you'll need 3 different sizes. I'd suggest just getting their 5 pc flare wrench set and then you'll have what you need.

Brewbro21

What he said, one can never have too many tools. However the bleeder size should be 3/8" I just rebleed my system and that was the size for me.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
One GM caliper is 3/8, the other is 10mm
The rear drums are 5/16
That is off of memory and subject to human error

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Metric is possible…
The rebuilt calipers and wheel cylinders are often rebuilt in strange parts of the world. If the bleeder fits and doesn’t leak, good enough. Some batches might be metric head from a newer car.

Also, 5/16 and 8mm are so close they are interchangeable. I learned that when doing GM side post battery terminals. To this day I don’t know what the correct size wrench for those are?

NeverSatisfied

Loc.
Spring, TX
I just bled mine last night. 10mm on the back drums, 3/8" on the front disks. But my bronco is equipped with auto parts store brake equipment and not OEM