• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bleeding un-bench-bled and mounted MC

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Going to get up and start working on the rig. I installed all new front and rear discs and new power booster and MC and all new lines. I need to bleed this thing. My problem is that I installed the MC and didn't bench bleed it, reason being it is a billet unit I didn't want to scar the body with my vise jaws(have done it to other parts even with rags or wood to soften the knurled faces of the jaws). So what am I in for with it on there and does the booster have to hooked up for vacuum to do it? Being that it is all new and or rebuilt(caliper) will it be cool Synthetic fluid? Thanks guys, what would I do without this site???????????;D

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Just bench bleed it hooked to the firewall,just loop some lines from the outlet up into the MC. With all that air to push out I'm thinking I'd start by gravity bleeding .Just open a bleeder and let it drain. Just my opinion....

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Just bleed it. It'll take you a few more minutes, but frankly it'll take just as long to bench bleed it... I've done it both ways and honestly I get the same results.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Yep just bleed it normally. If you have one of those vacuum bleeder canisters it'll make your life easier but even just having somebody pump the pedal will do the job.

OP
OP
mofoco1

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
I was hoping for that vote of confidence to bleed it while on there. I am up having to fix breakfast for the kids and I am off to work on the EB, life is Good;D Being Sunday, Prayers for all on the East Coast and our Military, and especially those Bronco Brothers having to put up with mother natures wrath or serving our Country. OK, I am off the podium!

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
I'm not a fan of bench bleeding ANYTHING. The couple minutes you may save in the car bleeding takes me 10x longer to clean up the mess from trying to install it full of fluid!