• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

body lift measuring

BFPD630

Loc.
Berthoud, Colorado
I am just wrapping up a '69 resto/mod. The Bronco now has a 351w with a NV3550 and hydroboost, so a body lift is needed (to replace the wood blocks). I got a hold of some UHMD-PE (like urethane) rod and cut the new body lift mounts to fit what I needed, trying to minimalize the amount of body lift. The new spacers measure 1.5". My question is this- the rubber spacers I pulled out (presumably stock) measured 3/4". Does that mean that I have 1.5" of body lift or 3/4" or body lift? As of now I am saying that I am going with 3/4" above stock. Is that accurate? I thought I might be a good thing to know if anyone ever asks me how much body lift I have.

Last edited:

bluebroncodrive

I would say you have 3/4 body lift if you only have the lift blocks and no body mounts. Most lifts are on top of the body mount ( body mounts and 2 inches etc.)

stlkikn

BFPD,
The factory body mounts are designed to flex and keep the body where it was originally bolted down (steel sleeves through the frame mount) they are not only for mounting the body, they are also isolators too. If you don't replace them you are going to find that you feel EVERY little bump, rock, noise etc throughout the truck, as well as the possibility of the body shifting or even coming off the frame.
You should be replacing them with either new rubber mounts, or with one of the vendors polyurethane kits in conjunction with your body lift.