• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body lift only thread Post pics!

redtail

So recently I put on a 1 inch wild horses body lift, and found it was an AWESOME addition to my rig, everything still works!

Now, to the real reason I started this... I traded for a set of 35 inch bogger tires 16/35/16.5 and just couldn't wait to bolt them up, so I did! And you know what? they fit with NO LIFT

I installed new stock coils up front in January, so they are not saggy stock units, but still. I did swap fenders to a pair that had been hogged out (off of a parted out rig), and had to bend about an inch of the inner fender back, but nothing that couldn't be fixed in a half hour. I wondered what it would look like, and I just love the low to the ground look. I have not run into rubbing issues even with bouncing around offroad. the only issue I have is rubbing on my radius arms (but my 31/10.50's rubbed just the same!)

I was surprised with just bolting them on that the road manners are still pretty decent with 3.50 gears and the stock three speed. aside from being a little slow to get rolling I have plenty of power when moving, and it acts like overdrive on the highway :) :p

Anyway I wanted to see what others had done on the stock suspension as far as tire size goes.

I put on different fenders since this pic, (I will get some more up later) but take a peek

http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/red-tail1/1968 bronco/?action=view&current=h4.jpg

Tram

Bronco Guru
h4.jpg

Fixed it for you..

Tram

Bronco Guru
Thank you good sir!

No sweat.. If you click on the "image tag" link it should copy it for you.

Or you can paste the link to the picture and type
behind the URL and it'll show up. ;)