• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body Mount repair

Bdhand

Contributor
Does anybody know if the make the whole front body mount piece for the passenger side like in the picture. The one I need to repair is not this one but on another bronco and it is totally gone not repairable. Also didn’t I see one time that they made a piece that you could repair the very ends on the bronco frame?? B6D49842-5953-4B2C-9284-765BB89D4318.jpeg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That looks like just the frame horns.
Those don’t look like body mount extensions to me. Just top and bottom sections of left and right frame horns.
JBG usually has a selection of rust repair components so you might try there. I’ll check our supply as well, but I don’t remember that particular part being brought in.

66broncofan

Contributor
Does anybody know if the make the whole front body mount piece f IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0799.JPG or the passenger side like in the picture. The one I need to repair is not this one but on another bronco and it is totally gone not repairable. Also didn’t I see one time that they made a piece that you could repair the very ends on the bronco frame??
I did this repair myself. Here are a few pics. I went to fastenall and purchased thick washers of the diameter that i needed to fit the body mount as well as the area needed to be removed and replaced. It's really a straightforward repair. we welded the top and underside. You can see the size of the washers. One I think was for the body mount itself and the other was for the frame repair.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I did this repair myself. Here are a few pics. I went to fastenall and purchased thick washers of the diameter that i needed to fit the body mount as well as the area needed to be removed and replaced. It's really a straightforward repair. we welded the top and underside. You can see the size of the washers. One I think was for the body mount itself and the other was for the frame repair.

He states in his original post that the mount can't be repaired and needs to be completely replaced.

66broncofan

Contributor
He states in his original post that the mount can't be repaired and needs to be completely replaced.
There's nothing in the picture that indicates that his mount needs to be replaced. Unless it's bent and I cannot tell if that is the case. Mine was in worse condition to start with but you would never know now.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
There's nothing in the picture that indicates that his mount needs to be replaced. Unless it's bent and I cannot tell if that is the case. Mine was in worse condition to start with but you would never know now.

He states in his post that the mount in the picture is not the one he's repairing. He's showing that photo to show the part he's looking for.