• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bolts size for upper seal on steering column

micked

I have a 72 build
Going for my wife... the PO I think started to tear it apart for a frame off then gave up so al it of crap is half assed out together and missing bolts

Can you guys tell what size Are the 4 bolts that are needed to bolt the seal on the inside of the bronco to the body... not the three on the engine side... I’ll attach these

2a4c823850e54dc88ccb9f1183b7e36e.jpg

92c384406a17d36b10a1772ba99f4571.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotrodjohn

Its a course threaded sheet metal screw with a 3/8 hex head if I recall. I think its the same as the ones that bolt the ground wires to the firewall on the headlights, to give you reference.

75Denver

Its a course threaded sheet metal screw with a 3/8 hex head if I recall. I think its the same as the ones that bolt the ground wires to the firewall on the headlights, to give you reference.

Correct. I just pulled mine out last weekend. All stock. @micked, I was just about to place an order for a steering column seal...where did you get yours and are you happy with the material/fit?

OP
OP
micked

micked

Thanks!!!!

OP
OP
micked

micked

Correct. I just pulled mine out last weekend. All stock. @micked, I was just about to place an order for a steering column seal...where did you get yours and are you happy with the material/fit?

Stock seal man I haven’t replaced it yet just trying to put it all together then pull it all apart again haha