• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BONES approved

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
You could have a bit of what they call "hot start" or "Heat soak". Typically caused by fuel in the carb "percolating" Can slowly empty or reduce fuel bowl levels. Fuel puddle's in your intake and can cause a flooding type issue. Next time you shut it off, remove the air cleaner and see if you see any fuel dripping from the boosters. Usually sticking float or bad needle/seat. Also see if it will restart a bit quicker with it to the floor. If manual choke I assume it's full open when hot? Forget what your running for a carb but if it's been around awhile, maybe time for a rebuild.

Cool that you camp'd out at the reservation. Looks like you had fun. I say If you can get your other half to sleep in you rig she's a keeper;D. Family has a beach house in Salisbury. A friend and co-worker is camping there this week. I'll ask if he saw it.

Juiceman

Contributor
Went by there yesterday and today in my blue 77 on my way back and forth to Hampton.

OP
OP
Vin218

Vin218

Loc.
Manchester, NH
Went by there yesterday and today in my blue 77 on my way back and forth to Hampton.

Cool, its a decent camping area and they allow dogs on the beach which is hard to find around here. On another note these just came in today, hopefully I'll put them on next week as long as everything fits ok. And thanks for the ideas on the starting issues I'll look into it a little more next week.

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
Vin218

Vin218

Loc.
Manchester, NH
Its been a while but got a few more things done. Started removing the old body mounts over the weekend, 2 came out right away and I had to buy a sawzall to get the other 6. I thought I was in the clear after that but then it took me forever to get the body lined up properly with the WH 1" mounts so the bolts would fit through. But after way too many hours and a couple bloody knuckles everything is in.

I had some new wheels and tires waiting to go on, would have been a really tight fit without the body lift but I think its a pretty good fit now. Also fixed a leak in the power steering box and added a p/s cooler. I need to do a few small things and tighten up some bolts and I should have her back on the road next week. Really anxious to see how it feels with the new tires.

Attachments

• P1040437.jpg
    P1040437.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 65
  • P1040431.jpg
    P1040431.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 57

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
Your works paying off brother...Lookin good. Hope to see it at the dragway next week.

OP
OP
Vin218

Vin218

Loc.
Manchester, NH
I've been keeping an eye out for some used seats, wanted something with headrests and a little more comfort while still having an old school look to them. Found these the other day on craigslist for $40 and figured they were worth a shot. Not sure what they came out of but I liked the look and the price of them.

I also had new door panels and some billet door accessories that I bought myself last christmas and finally got around to putting them in. Just a few small things to change it up.

I'll be getting rid of the old seats and panels if anyone local is interested, they are dirty but in decent shape.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 47
  • photo 2 (1).jpg
    photo 2 (1).jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 55
  • photo 1 (2).jpg
    photo 1 (2).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 51
  • photo 3 (1).jpg
    photo 3 (1).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 44

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I'll be getting rid of the old seats and panels if anyone local is interested, they are dirty but in decent shape.

The look good. I like how the build is coming and I am interested in the seats. Send me a pm on what you want for them.

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
Nice score on the seats brother. They look clean and comfy..Important in these rigs (the comfy i mean;D)

OP
OP
Vin218

Vin218

Loc.
Manchester, NH
Decided my winter project was going to be working on the dash and cleaning up some wiring. I want to fill some of the holes and move some things around and paint it. After I took it out I realized how rusty the pedal assemblies looked and decided those need paint too. Then I realized the heater box needs a rebuild and the insulation was all falling apart.

So I've got everything torn out and now I'm in the process of cleaning, painting and organizing. Its sort of spiraling into "well may as well do that too" but I'd rather do it all now while its parked for the winter. Only thing I haven't taken out is the fuse panel, not sure if thats something I should change out too or just leave it be as I've never had issues with it, any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1707 (2).jpg
    IMG_1707 (2).jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 57

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
KEEP me in mind if you need anything, have a shed full of that kind of stuff.....better have it ready for May it forward!

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What year is your truck? If Randy doesnt have what you need, i have a complete harness that came out of a Cali truck. the one i have is 71 ish as it doesnt have the dash light bars.

Hank

OP
OP
Vin218

Vin218

Loc.
Manchester, NH
KEEP me in mind if you need anything, have a shed full of that kind of stuff.....better have it ready for May it forward!

It'll be ready, the harness is actually in good shape just a little messy. Wasn't sure if it was worth changing to one of the newer style fuse panels but I might save that for another time. Hoping to spend some time tomorrow getting the wiring straightened out.

Last edited:

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
It'll be ready, the harness is actually in good shape just a little messy. Wasn't sure if it was worth changing to one of the newer style fuse panels but I might save that for another time. Hoping to spend some time tomorrow getting the wiring straightened out.

Wouldn't bother changing it out unless you have any suspicions. Nice to see you keeping with the upgrades. looking forward to seeing it in may.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not a thread highjack but just wanted to show that we both have a lot of work to get done before May It Forward.

My entire front end was junk, fortunately the cowl and door posts are good. This all started because of a cracked # 8 cylinder wall, but the 331 stroker is complete.

See you on May 6 in Gardner Mass.

Roger

Attachments

• Dash removed.jpg
    Dash removed.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 31
  • The build begins.jpg
    The build begins.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Passenger inner fender splice.jpg
    Passenger inner fender splice.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 32
  • The new stroker engine.jpg
    The new stroker engine.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
Vin218

Vin218

Loc.
Manchester, NH
Not a thread highjack but just wanted to show that we both have a lot of work to get done before May It Forward.

My entire front end was junk, fortunately the cowl and door posts are good. This all started because of a cracked # 8 cylinder wall, but the 331 stroker is complete.

See you on May 6 in Gardner Mass.

Roger

Nice work! That stroker looks amazing, really looking forward to meeting everyone.

OP
OP
Vin218

Vin218

Loc.
Manchester, NH
Finally tearing back into things a few months later. I had a buddy help me with some welding on the dash, moved the glove box over, deleted the speaker grill and filled a bunch of small holes. Also decided to move the ignition hole to the bottom left, used to be in the top row in the center. And then sprayed some primer on it.

I also cleaned and painted the pedal assemblies and put some fresh insulation in. Working on reorganizing and removing some of the wiring. Replaced everything in the heater and painted that. Now I just need to start putting things back together and hope they work after.

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 35
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1822.jpg
    IMG_1822.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg