• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bout to dive into the 9inch

Bucky66

Well, I'm about to jump into overhauling the 9inch on my 66 if the lady could get out of bed and bring me to my storage and get the Bronco (to big for the small garage at the house we are renting). This will be my first time to do one but I have been researching and think I have a game plan in my head.

bought the bad shoes production video for rebuilding the 9inch. Looks pretty straight forward and a great guide. We'll see soon.

Of course, when thinking about having it apart you have to think what else can I spend money on to make it better? I picked up a "lock right" to install. Yes, it is not the beg daddy of lockers but I am mostly on the road with some offroad play. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

BEST PART OF IT ALL? NEW TOOLS, NEW TOOLS, NEW TOOLS (got a few new tools and a shop press to make bearing and race work easier);D;D;D

dave vh

Loc.
Lock haven
i installed a lock rite in my buddys jeep . its easy and sweet. just has some ratcheting sounds when turning. but works great

JLBachs

I just bought a boneyard 9-inch trac-loc to rebuild. Does the video you bought cover changing the friction plates?

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

The video is the best thing since the wheel. I believe it does cover the entire trac-lock. I didnt watch that segment since mine is an open rear. It covers all specs. I got stopped in my tracks today due to having the wrong carrier bearings (didn't know until I went to put them on). DANG!!!!!!!!!! I would strongly suggest the video for anyone who is mechanically inclined but has trouble reading directions and doing. The video is truly a watch and do kind of thing.