• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Boy Did I Screw Up

broncosam

Bronco Guru
I am in the process of putting everything back together on my rebuild. After having alot of pieces sandblasted I painted and top coated using POR 15 products.To make it short , don't get that stuff into holes with threads. I like to never got the caps back on the radius arms. It was a b**ch to say the least. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else is going this route. Keep it out of threaded holes.

A4x4Junky

Loc.
South Jersey
Sorry to hear about your issues, but I am glad you posted this. Getting ready to POR my frame, axles, and a bunch of other little pieces and honestly cant say I had thought this through well enough.

I would like to think that I would have seen the threads and resolved this before it became a problem, but Im not sure I would have.

Anthony

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I did the same thing... That stuff does not like to come off if the substrate it's applied to has been prepared correctly. If memory serves I cleaned up the threads with a tap.

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Ah man, where was this thread 3 months ago...guess I'll be doing the tap thing to.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
It's always a good idea to chase the threads after you coat anything....not much worse than putting all the shiny new pieces in & breaking off a bolt because the threads are gunked up. Been there, done that.

OP
OP
B

broncosam

Bronco Guru
I just wanted to post this bit of info so anyone else did not have to go through what I am experiencing. I'll tell you though, with that stuff being as tough as it is, I believe my frame and other parts I have painted with it will withstand an A-bomb blast.