• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

brake bleeder valve question.

sidster

Loc.
SoCal
Howdy,

my goal for this weekend was to flush and replace the brake fluid on my '70 bronco. checking out the bleeder valves I see that on the rear a 7/16 is too large and a 3/8 is too small. The front (which are disc brakes, converted by one of previous owners) mataches the 3/8.

my question is, what is the expected wrench size for the rear bleeder valves? Is there such a thing is 13/32 wrench (I couldn't find one at my local Sears, but haven't gone out to any automotive stores yet). Or is it possible that it is meteric? 10mm seems to fit better, but still has some slack and last thing I want to do is strip this bolt/nut.

Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
3/8" should be the correct size for all. Might be some rust or gunk on it.

OP
OP
S

sidster

Loc.
SoCal
Thanks for the replies. 10mm seems to work if I used the closed end of the wrench. But subsequently I ran into another issue, where it seems that I would be rounding off some of the nuts with my open end wrenches. Seems I need to go buy a flare nut wrench set.