• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake Booster problem

Mrdna

My Brake Booster went bad so I got a new one that is black but it has a clevis end at the bracket. My old one is gold colored and the rod that goes in the bracket is stamped flat with a hole. It’s a Duff set up I believe from years ago. Thanks for the help. Sorry I couldn’t figure out how to post pics.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
So the old one looks like this? Are the bolt patterns the same on the boosters?

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_20190409_154718.jpg
    IMG_20190409_154718.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20190409_154705.jpg
    IMG_20190409_154705.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 26

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No problem on the pics. There are several ways to do it, but to upload them directly to your post you need to become a contributor for 12bucks a year.
Definitely the best way, but you can also link to images on another online hosting site like SuperMotors or the like (except PhotoBucket! Unless they've changed their ways?).
Or in a pinch you can use your "garage" feature for a few images of your rig, or in this case a part.

Or you can e-mail it to me at paulb@wildhorses4x4.com and I'll post them up for you.

Be aware though that some old booster designs are just no longer available at least through normal channels for us. Not sure about finding it at a local parts store, but if it's from, for example a Pinto, Mustang II, or something similar, then maybe you'll get lucky.

Is it something you think can be attached with a bolt or other type of pin thingy? Or is it just totally different and won't work with the rest of the stuff?
You might get in touch with one of the Duffs and they may be able to tell you what's going on. Mike (MonsterMike here) and Suzy (jduffent here) could likely help you figure out which way to turn.

You can use the PM or e-mail feature here, or through their site directly. Or just call in the morning too of course!

Good luck. These boosters are finicky.
Oh, and then there is the local rebuilder option. Depending on where you live, most larger metro areas still have rebuilders. If you were happy with the way it worked previously, then rebuilding the same unit usually results in the same performance as before it went belly-up.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well glad I finally joined the 2000's and have e-mails forwarded to my phone!
Shut down all the computer browsers just before Mrdna's e-mailed pics came through.
Gotta' love technology...
So here are some pics of the booster in question:

image1 (1).jpeg image2 (1).jpeg

image3.jpeg image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg image6.jpeg

Thanks!

Paul

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Not sure what that booster is off of. Someone suggested mine was a 70's truck.

Good news is, mine bolted up (after I frilled a new hole in my bracket) and works great.

I bet yours will too.

Tim