• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake pads for TBP disc conversion

crutch

I need to replace brake pads for the TBP front disc brake conversion. I know these are GM style brakes but when going to the parts store is there a particular vehicle I should be looking for the brake pads to be compatible? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Bring your old ones to match
These should be it .......

72-76 Blazer/Jimmy or 1/2ton 4x4 Pick-up

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... GENERIC Parts number . is D52.
LOT'S OF OTHERS WILL DISAGREE with me but I like the Cheapest pad available.
I Like the soft ones very cheapest pads ... It's cool to have the slotted & holes for heat to dissipate. But I say a cheap set of $8.00 pads will stop better & not make noise.
The Best one will make noise & half the time won't stop .. & They'll eat your rotors ........................... ...............................
After the cost of $75.00 pads that chew up your rotors $125.00.. Sure makes a set of $8.00 pads that last 25,000 mile look cheap..
... I base my opinion on the fact I owned a parts store fro 1967 until 1995.. The years our Bronco were new.

OP
OP
crutch

crutch

Thanks everyone. Found the right brake pads but noticed the rotors for these year vehicles don't match. Do you know what vehicle the rotors are from in case I need to replace in the future?

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks everyone. Found the right brake pads but noticed the rotors for these year vehicles don't match. Do you know what vehicle the rotors are from in case I need to replace in the future?

Get rotors for a 76-77 Bronco.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Rotors are 76-93 Bronco, 76-93 F150 and '76 F100 IIRC.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I agree with APOGEE. The Rotors are from the later model Ford Pick ups & OJ Style BRONCOS... Seems like , the part number was 5492.
... Yes I found several on EBAY. 4 Wheel drive HUB & Rotor ass. $129.00.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od... f150.TRS0&_nkw=ford disk 80-86 f150&_sacat=0

Hot Dang I'll bet you guys didn't know I could do that.
I even surprised myself.
Why am I up this time of the morning . I've just had a battle with the Reflux...