• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake Pedal Feel

CincoBravo

Loc.
Oxford, MS
My '77 with front disk brakes and vacuum booster does not have pedal feel until is it pushed about half-way down. I have replaced all the fluid, bled the entire system, put new pads on the front, and adjusted the rear drums. The brakes will actually lock up the tires from 40+ mph, but the feel just isn't there at the top of the pedal stroke. (FYI, it didn't have feel at the top before I did all the adjustments either-- so I made it no worse and no better.) What would my next step be to try to get more resistance at the top? Do I need to replace the booster and/or the master cylinder? Or is this just the way all old Broncos behave? (All of the brake system is stock or has stock equivalent replacement components-- no upgrades.)

broncomike629

Mine acts the same way. It seems wrong but when driving the brake performance is fine. I also bled and adjusted mine until I was blue in the face and it never changed anything.