• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NH Brand new Cage arms for Dana 60 conversion Price Drop $500

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
Time to sell some of the stuff I am not going to use. Had big plans of installing Dana 60's in my rig. Now realize the 44's will be all I ever need. This is a new set of Cage radius arms with the brackets for mounting to the Dana 60 axle tube. They have never even been taken out of the boxes. Apparently with a little fabrication they can be used on a Dana 44 as well. Each box weighs 60 lbs. so take that into consideration when figuring how much shipping will be, they will be sent from zip code 03602. Total cost will be $800.00 plus the cost of shipping.

Thank for looking and have a great day.

4/15/2011 Lowered price $650.00 for the set plus shipping.
4/21/2011 Lowered price again $500.00 for the set plus shipping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
XT700

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
Hey Randy,

Not looking good for BYOB, scheduling conflict. However, unlike last year we might be able to get out of this one. Hope to be there.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Time to sell some of the stuff I am not going to use. Had big plans of installing Dana 60's in my rig. Now realize the 44's will be all I ever need.

Funny how that works out with a little common sense. A 44 can get a person in and out of plenty of stuff... Good luck w/the sale of the arms. Might want to drop the price a bit though.

OP
OP
XT700

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
Funny how that works out with a little common sense. A 44 can get a person in and out of plenty of stuff... Good luck w/the sale of the arms. Might want to drop the price a bit though.

The 60's would have been overkill, especially when I see what otherr guys are doing with 44's. Had no idea where to start with the price, got more than the original asking price in them so figured it was a place to start. Lowering the price to generate more interest.

4lofun

I am planning to add a hp44 solid from a 79 to my 93 ...any idea if these arms would work?? Do you have part number so I can look into it? Or can you send pictures or post.? I am interested and local.thanks

OP
OP
XT700

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
I am planning to add a hp44 solid from a 79 to my 93 ...any idea if these arms would work?? Do you have part number so I can look into it? Or can you send pictures or post.? I am interested and local.thanks

My understanding is that they will work but you would need to address two issues.

First, the Dana 60 axle tube is a larger diameter than the 44 which means that the pre cut bracket is to big. This can be solved in two ways the first is to wrap steel around the 44 tube to increase the diameter, the second is to use the Cage bracket for a pattern and cut a small diameter hole for the axle tube.

The second issue that I have heard for the later Broncos is that the frame is not fully boxed. The section of the frame where the extended arm mounts to needs to be beefed up for strength. I know this applied to the 1988 full size Bronco, not sure what your later one has.

Hope that answers your questions, the arms are boxed up but if you need pictures I can pull one side out for photos. However, you might be able to find a picture on here, Cage had only the one design and it fit from 66-79.

We could certainly work something out to avoid shipping, we could meet somewhere in between(I think you are down around Mason?) or a deposit could hold them until BYOB, although I think I saw a post that you might not make it this year.

Let me know.

Thanks, Walt

OP
OP
XT700

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
I also have a set of Dana 60's out of a 79 F250 Camper Special, high pinion with 4.10 gears. I have them cut out and waiting to go, would be willing to make a smokin' deal to get rid of them with the radius arms as a package. Just not real interested in trying to ship them so local would work great.

Durtymax

That is a hell of a deal! What do you want for the 60's? I ship a ton of stuff for work so I can have them picked up by my freight guys.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are the arms still for sale?

Eugene

OP
OP
XT700

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
Yes they are.

Fatboy6200- Sorry missed your post, I had got an estimate of $155 to Arizona, expect the cost would be similar to Nevada.

Status
Not open for further replies.