• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brighter Lights

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
I know there has to be a place out there that sells Halogen type light for Early Broncos.....right? If not I guess I will just have to put some K/C's on there so I can see where I am going better. If anybody has some suggestions or possible substitutions PLEASE tell me.

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
there was a thread on here about some h-4 lights ?<br>on e-bay around 39.00 a set the cool thing with those<br>is the fact that the bulbs are a higher wattage and replaceable.....you will need to add a relay (which is easy to do) because the current draw is higher than the wire is rated for in the stock wiring harness

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
If you buy on Ebay don't buy from AU79nomiyama . The prick sent me the housings & no bulbs . Fought with him for 2 months & never did get them . Negative feedback & a formal complaint with Ebay brought NO results .

Kurt

Loc.
Badger State
Whatever replacement type bulb you go with, my vote is also to add a relay..... more power at the bulb

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I went with Wagner Halogen sealed beams, no relays and they have worked great for almost a year now. I did have to replace the headlight switch with the upgrade though, the high beams would shut off after the switch got hot. Very cheep upgrade, something like thirty bucks including the new switch.<br><br>Then I got used to them and added KC 160watt slim light pencil beams and 55watt fog lights, they came with relays and cool switchs.<br><br>I can really light up the trail at night now and love it.

MY 4 BY

Try this. Go to Arizona Classic Bronco .com and click on newsletter, then click on headlight upgrade. You do have to add relays, but this might be what you are looking for.

ca1a73

Bronco Guru
what is the headlight switch with the upgrade. Im running the h4's, and don't think i have relays. They came with the vehicle. My lights start flickering after it gets hot. I was just going to replace the switch. Is there and updraded swith i can buy? Anyone have the part #?

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Don't know of an upgrade head light swith. But I replaced mine with one that was about ten or fifteen bucks at Auto Zone.

My Halogens would shut down on me after a few minutes of high beam use with no light at all untill I hit the dimmer switch and went back to low beam. Low beam worked fine all the time, it was just high beam that would heat the thermal coupler in the swicth to the point it shut them down. Stock, non halogens did not tax the switch like the Halogens did and the new switch became neccessary with the Halogen upgrade.

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
I think the relay setup will help a lot of you by getting all the current draw out of the switch altogether.<br>I plan to do this mod on mine if I ever get the 5.0 and the Floor shifter and the dual exhaust and the ranchos and the BFG's and the bushing kit and etc installed that are layin around here!!!!<br>Chris in WV<br>Good luck!<br>

SgtRock

Loc.
East Texas
The relay dealis worth doing even with stock headlights, much brighter that way. The H4 conversion Hellas are around $40 each, JC Whitney has some for like $24 each. They also have different wattages, including an 80 low/100 high bulb.<br>A guy on B'fix has had the Hellas and the JCs, says the cheaper ones were as good/better.<br><br>Craig<br>Mineola Texas<br><br>'74 under construction

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
I havent had a problem yet with my new lights shutting off or switch overheating after many ours of brights on. I think I will do the relay thing when i get off my lazy ass and connect my KC's (<br><br>BTW i went with the blue lights for the ricer look )

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D Was at walmart today they have them were 8.49 ea. not hard to find. ;D ;D ;D Bill 8) ::) :p

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
[quote author=wildbill link=board=5;threadid=9335;start=15#67199 date=1032717059]<br> ;D ;D ;D Was at walmart today they have them were 8.49 ea. not hard to find. ;D ;D ;D Bill 8) ::) :p<br>[/quote]<br><br>Relays or new bulbs??

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
I bought a Pair of the h4 lights off ebay. They included the housing, the bulbs(have a slight blue tint), and little blue bulbs that are kinda like parking lights inside the housing ::). They were like $57 shipping and all. I put a relay on them and i love them. ;D I finally got the top back on and drove the Bronco in the rain for the first time with the new lights, now there is moisture inside the housing ?:?. I've got to figure out how to stop it so I don't blow the bulbs.