• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brights blinking with turn signal

livndlife

Hello everyone,
When it comes to electrical, I do not much have experience. So before I start messing with what I don't know maybe you can help. As the title states, every time I turn on my turn signal, whether idle or moving, my brights will also blink in conjunction with the turn signal. To provide further detail, both brights blink whether I turn on the right or left turn signal. I don't drive my Bronco at night now because of this reason, and it is frustrating. Has anyone experience this before? Can anyone provide any insight on possible solution? Thank you.

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
Usually when electrical does something squirrelly like that, I look first at my grounds. Bad grounds will do some wierd stuff!

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Yes, definitely check for good grounding. Engine to chassis and component to body / frame.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well I gotta say I've never seen the high beams flash with blinkers! A new one for sure.;D

But agree with the others to at least make sure you have good body grounds, and more importantly, that your core support is well grounded too. Seen several now that have become separated due to rust and age. Even though they're literally spot welded together, apparently age is enough to break even that bond.

You can easily and quickly test this theory though, by simply connecting a jumper wire from the battery negative to the core support. Maybe right to the ground screw where the headlights and turn signals all ground to the metal.

If the problem goes away, great. Job done.
If not, well... Not sure what's next!

Good luck

Paul