• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bronco brotherhood

ckriz

Loc.
Central Oregon
Well, Ive been wanting to tell this story for over a week now so here we go..

My wife and I were heading back from shopping in town, which is 30 min drive, when I get a call. I didnt recognize the number so I didnt answer, but I had a funny feeling about the call so I called back. Its a bronco brother in trouble. Now Ive never meet this bronco brother before, Ive only chatted very little with him here on CB and once almost 2 years ago on the phone. He says he is stuck in the snow and remebered that I lived close to where he was stuck. He also said he tried contacting all of his buddie's and they were either to busy or out of town. I told him I would call back the minute I got home. Well we happend to have dinner plans at 5 and it is 3:45 at this time, so I ran over to my buddies house were we are having dinner and told what was going on and explained about the brotherhood (he is a jeep guy and he didnt understand, go figure). So he agreed to go with me to find the bronco brother in trouble, so we grabbed some beers, I gave a "we are coming to save you" call and headed out. Now when I say he is close to me I mean he is only 30 miles from my house, 15 of which was deep heavy wet snow, the closer we get to him the deeper it got. Now I live at an elevation of 4200 ft and I know that where he is happens to be just under 6000 ft el. and he is on the other side a of a butte. The first section of the trip was fine, we were lucky enough to have tire tracks to follow in the snow, but the last 5 miles the only tire tracks in the snow was from a snowcat rescue rig. Now I didnt drive my bronco to help this guy, I took my f-350 and at this point Im thinking we aint going to make it, so I put it in 4 low to get the 38" tire to chew through the snow. With my a@@hole all puckered up going over the butte we spott him on the down hill side. We pull just past him, get out shake hands, introduce our selfs, hand him a beer, bs a little, then get to unstickin him. Now he did not take the same route to get to where he was as I did, his route happend to be plowed and clear... at any rate it took a good 20 minutes to pull him out cause he was buried good, but he was happy as clam sh1t once he was out and moving. So we stopped and bs'd some more over another beer and went our seperate ways.... I decided to take a different way out which was a logging road that was plowed but twice the distance to get back home.

I know this is kinda long winded and Im not a good story teller but I thought it is a great bronco brotherhood story. Plus I met another brother which will bail me out when Im in trouble....

Craig

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Very cool of you Craig to go out of your way to help out.. ;)

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
That's awesome. That's what bronco brothers are for. I know who to call if I ever get stuck. Oregon to Florida is a long trip but we don't have snow.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
being stuck in the snow out in the boonies with night coming on is not a good scenario. thanks for going the extra distance to help a brother in need.:)

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
Lemme get this straight -- you risking cheezing off the wife, busted snow for miles, saved a bronco brother's butt AND brought him a cold beer?

I need your phone number in my contacts...;D

OP
OP
ckriz

ckriz

Loc.
Central Oregon
Did you take some pics?
No I did not take any pics... I thought he would enjoy the beers vs pics of him being stuck...lol. actually I didnt even think of bringing the camera..

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
That's what it's all about :cool:

You seem surprised the J@@p guy didn't understand %)

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
Great "Good Deed" story, especially to help out a fellow Bronco owner.

Having backup is a good thing. I will not be picky as to what type of vehicle comes to rescue me some day.

Reminds me to back up my contact list on my phone.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Chock another one up for mankind and the brotherhood, I'm sure the Karma Gods are watching

67broncorebuild

Loc.
stanwood Wa
Very cool! Its nice to see there are some really great people out there!!!
Other than my last incodent with another bronco owner here, i dont think any other vintage truck/car forum has the comradery everyone shows here. Hope you are part of northwestclassicbroncos.com

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
There's no such thing as karma but the person you helped will certainly remember what you did. Doing a good deed is it's own reward.