• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Buggy Home New Pics 4/10

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Excellent Karl! Love the finished project. Don't forget pics of the first day out playing!!!! Btw, the '66 touches - very nice! tim

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It runs...................

Had the "meeting of the minds" today at the shop. The 331 is now alive and kicking. Had to add a pvc deal with line to oil breather/filler, have prayer with the map/bap, run a vac. line to the press. regulator and turn it down to correct small block Ford level, retime, stet voltage on the tps,set idle and then ran it for 20 min at 2k to break in the cam. All good. It took longer for me to run get gas for it and vac. line than to "fix it" once we had it naked!!!!! Looks like we will be ready for the chassis dyno next sat. then put it back together and make it pretty again! '66 Dash nobs are headed to the lathe to get bored out for the toggle switches, have most of the stuff for the glove box and I am ordering the AA billet shift knobs for the Atlas to match the LoKar C4 shifter.
:)

Attachments

• Pieces1IMG_2123.JPG
    Pieces1IMG_2123.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Pieces2IMG_2119.JPG
    Pieces2IMG_2119.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Pieces3IMG_2118.JPG
    Pieces3IMG_2118.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 186

L&D's Broncos

1st fired on 1st day of racing 2011!

Congrats in order again!
Kind of cool that you got it fired up on the first official day of racing in 2011.
The Rolex 24 hour got fired up at 4:00.
I could hear those screaming Boss 5.0's all the way up here in the mountains! (on the surround sound;D)
Look forward to seeing it Karl.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Awesome buggy. How long from conceptualization to reality?
There has been a patience pill taken on this deal. When the original project was started, the shop was building and competing full time in UROC, WEROC the old XXRA and KOH-the bronco buggy was to be worked on "on the side" and I was fine with that. Over the years things changed at the shop and it got put in the corner-that worked out well for us as my wife and I built a house a couple years ago. Things came together last fall and it was restarted after a year+ of sitting. Total time was 4 years from the pic of the frame rails, engine and modified grille to the "done pic" taken in January of this year.

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
Dude how bad arsh, yes this thread I just read through and my heart was racing as I looked through the pictures. I mean so exactly as I could wish it to be. I would have to study it some more in person for any more enthusiasm. Okay so now I must plan a vacation to when it is running in public... no maybe not be how cool. I think you made a piece of functional art. Congratulations again.

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the props mp(and on Pirate) and Gearida. We are very pleased with the way everything turned/is turning out on this project. Gearida, the buggy will be at Townsend, TN for the Supercel. and in Gore, Va June 23-6 for the Meb Roundup.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey karl, I kinda had my last project laid out like that one time!!!!;D;D;D It wasn't quite ready to re-assemble!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

• PANA0018b.JPG
    PANA0018b.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 47
  • PANA0020.JPG
    PANA0020.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 42
  • PANA0022.JPG
    PANA0022.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 41

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Sweet rig Karl, I've been looking at that one on Nik's screen saver for weeks. Glad to know it's got a good home. KOH starts next Monday;D.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
WHAT a ride! Karl, that is just beautiful....congrats!

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Greg, Jim and Randy-glad to see folks who have "done a bronco or two" appreciate the work in this one.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
UNBELIVEABLE.....you have the coolest toys!

OP
OP
kb6677

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey kb, how long must a man wait, for a dyno run, result report????%)%)%)%)

Tranny is coming out sat hopefully, if simple fix then run over to a closer dyno for another pull...........glad we found some issues on a dyno and not on the trail :( On a brighter note, the 331 is running great.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
We could just say it has a very powerful first gear.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
what a cool rig! Round Up this year i hope!!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Dr. and Tasker- yes it will be at the roundup with its stock counterpart :)