• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Calender

nickmyron

Loc.
Tigard, OR
Does anyone sell Bronco Calenders?
I havent seen any but that would be an awesome product to sell.

Just have different really sweet Broncos that make all of drool for each month :eek:

That would be sweet!

Nick~

===========ADMIN EDIT Nov 10 ============

The deadline for submitting photos has past and now it's time to vote! :) Please vote in this poll:
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=335933

==============ADMIN EDIT===============

Nick, sorry to hijack your post, but I wanted to put this info up front so people would see it.

OK, it looks like there's enough interest so let's see if we can get enough photos to make this work. :)

I'll help coordinate picking the photos and rbuday will actually print the calendars. We're going to have to do this FAST since the end of the year is quickly approaching.

By Sunday 11/9/03 please get me your photo(s) to be considered for the Calendar. We'll all vote and the top 13 will be used. Email me if your pics are digital or see below if you're submitting prints/slides.

OK, here's the catch. Photos have to be a minimum size to be able to print cleanly on a full size calendar. If it's a digital image it needs to be 1800x1200 pixels minimum. Basically a 2.0 Megapixel or better camera will be fine. Any lower resolution and they just won't print well. Even the largest photos in the Gallery are too small. Sorry! :( And please don't take a smaller pic and change the resolution to bump it up to 1800x1200. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. The original needs to be at that resolution.

Slides or prints will also work. You can mail them to me and I'll scan them in. Please include a SASE so I can mail them back to you.

Jon Hanna
P.O. Box 16775
Phoenix, AZ 85011-6775

If you're mailing something please email or PM me so I know it's coming.

Jon Hanna
webmaster@classicbroncos.com
http://ClassicBroncos.com

rbuday

Hey, I will make calanders for anyone that wants one. If you supply the bronco pics of your choice. I have a Postal Annex Store and would be happy to make them for you guys.
Email me at
autofiliac@yahoo.com
and attach your 12 photos and I'll make it and send it to you.
I'll charge you $20 delivered

U

Unregistered

Thats the greatest part. You can customize it. You pick the pics of your choice and email them to me or I can put one together and you guys tell me if you like it.
One other thing I would like to do and would need some help is I would like to put down in the calander off road event dates to help everyone remember.

rbuday

Unregistered said:
Thats the greatest part. You can customize it. You pick the pics of your choice and email them to me or I can put one together and you guys tell me if you like it.
One other thing I would like to do and would need some help is I would like to put down in the calander off road event dates to help everyone remember.
Woops forgot to log in

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
Would it be possible to have a site (maybe on here?) Let whoever submit one pic of thier OWN bronco and let the members pick the most popular 12? Kind of a poll type thing.

rbuday

Thats A great Idea and would make the calander alittle easier to make.
As far as making the poll and stuff to find out what 12 or 13 pics would be used, I would need help from the site administrator on that.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
sfaforester said:
Would it be possible to have a site (maybe on here?) Let whoever submit one pic of thier OWN bronco and let the members pick the most popular 12? Kind of a poll type thing.

thought: anyone can submit any 12-13 pics of their choosing/liking reguardless of the poll or anyone's opinion and get a calender made.

Would the point of a poll be a precurser to a mass buy on a mass produced calender with maybe $1 @ going towards this site for maintence/upgrades??%) ;)

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
Why sure Jeepster,

You can have your bronc from this angle for Jan, your bronc from this other angle for Feb, and an inside your bronc pic for March and so on and so forth.

I was hoping that all of us could submit our own and we could all get the most popular 12 of them. I love my own but there are some purtier ones out there I'd rather see in a calender. I would think it would be much cheaper to do a mass buy. Heck, I would pay extra to help support the site.

But lets touch on this: rbuday, is this profit for you?

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
sfaforester said:
Why sure Jeepster,

You can have your bronc from this angle for Jan, your bronc from this other angle for Feb, and an inside your bronc pic for March and so on and so forth.

I was hoping that all of us could submit our own and we could all get the most popular 12 of them. I love my own but there are some purtier ones out there I'd rather see in a calender. I would think it would be much cheaper to do a mass buy. Heck, I would pay extra to help support the site.

But lets touch on this: rbuday, is this profit for you?

You misunderstood me, I'm not talking about my bronco.....Its nothing that I would consider calender materal. I was just thinking in general terms.

OP
OP
N

nickmyron

Loc.
Tigard, OR
I really like the idea of having people vote on the top 12 broncos, and doing it that way

there could be a pic of a bronco event with a bunch of broncos in the pic

Or also, there could be say for January, be one nice bronco, then below the main pic, theres a few other pics of it showing the interior, etc.

also, it would be great to have all the bronco events listed under the dates

I think were on to something here guys ;) :D

Nick~

rbuday

You can have it your way. If you want a calander with your favorite Bronco pics just send them to me and tell me how you want it arranged along with your shipping address and I'll send them out.
If you want to do the poll we can do that in addition too the custom calander.
As for profit. I will break even by the time I pay me employees to do it, cost of the material, binding, the printing, Postage, packaging, taxes and the Franchise Royalies I have to pay Postal Annex.
I would love to do it and would love to have a calander myself.
Good Idea having a big pic with smaller ones at the bottom.

OP
OP
N

nickmyron

Loc.
Tigard, OR
wouldnt it be alot easier + more profitable for you if there was just one calender that everyone could buy?

If we all voted on the pics then you made the calender, im sure admin could put on a little add or something saying click here to buy "2004 Early Bronco Calender" or something of that sort,

Nick~

rbuday

No question about it, one calander would be more profitable and really makes more sense. But in an effort to please everyone I would be willing to do custom calanders for those who want to be alittle different. You know maybe they want a jeep for one of there months or something.:( But in my opinion that would be a bad month.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
rbuday said:
You know maybe they want a jeep for one of there months or something.

WOW:eek: Don't say that! You'd get kicked off the forum! LOL
Plus you'd lose quite a few buyers. I would hope it would be a EB only, no new broncs and no late model 70's broncs. But that's just an opinion.
I'd love to see how many members would be interested, least to make it worth your time. But me being such a newbie, I wouldn't know how to start to get pics, where to put them on a server and how to do a poll. Would like to get the Admin's thoughts on this. Would it be possible to go ahead and decide if we could pay an extra buck or two so classicbroncos.com would get something out of it?

JEEPSTER------------------

:'( Sorry about that. My thread came across a little harsh. Didn't mean it like that. :-[

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
sfaforester said:
WOW:eek: Don't say that! You'd get kicked off the forum! LOL
Plus you'd lose quite a few buyers. I would hope it would be a EB only, no new broncs and no late model 70's broncs. But that's just an opinion.
I'd love to see how many members would be interested, least to make it worth your time. But me being such a newbie, I wouldn't know how to start to get pics, where to put them on a server and how to do a poll. Would like to get the Admin's thoughts on this. Would it be possible to go ahead and decide if we could pay an extra buck or two so classicbroncos.com would get something out of it?

JEEPSTER------------------

:'( Sorry about that. My thread came across a little harsh. Didn't mean it like that. :-[

I think I would defer to Jon on this one. Something about ownership of photos and permission. I could go through the gallerys and pick out a couple dozen awsome Broncos but.........

"All images are copyright © by the owner. Don't use without their permission!"

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
In reference to the "can't use without permission" is pretty easy to solve. I hate to make more work for Jon, but I can't think of another way. Start a sticky thread for this. Simple, everyone who wants to should send the BEST pic (singular) of your ride (that is if you think it should/could be in a calender {because i know mine shouldn't}) to Jon. Basically give a disclaimer along the lines of "submission of photo gives permission for reproduction..." Give us a specific amount of time....say a week. Then Jon could, i guess, set up a huge poll thread/page. Then another week to vote. Everyone can vote for thier faves. Top vote getters get in.