• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco came with NO HEAT, What do I need!

Young Army Vet

Loc.
Ft Bragg
All,

My EB came with NO HEAT! I have the vents that are behind the dash but no heater box or anything. What do I need to start producing HEAT.. It's snowing in NC and I need defrost and HEAT..

Thanks,

Vet

Last edited:

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Post up in the wanted, I am sure there are locals with one you could have. I threw/gave away several last time I moved.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
use this opportunity to decide if stock heat will do or if you want something like a mojave that'd warm you for sure.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Stock would be good to start with, especially if you want to control defrost VS heat. If you do a Mojave, check out the summit brand ones, they look interesting and cheaper.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-991105/

Also, contact Nick at Nick's Trix, he's in NC and does a lot of A/C conversions so I'm sure he has alot of extra heaters.

Good luck!
Chris

OP
OP
Young Army Vet

Young Army Vet

Loc.
Ft Bragg
use this opportunity to decide if stock heat will do or if you want something like a mojave that'd warm you for sure.

I have no idea. I just want some heat and don't feel like spending a ton of cash. Stock is fine with me. If I went stock, what would I need to buy?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Stock is fine with me. If I went stock, what would I need to buy?

Do you have the three knobs in the dash above the radio? Are the cables intact?

It may be as simple and finding a decent heater box, motor, and core and hooking up the defrost ducts, motor, switches, and heater hoses. There really isn't much to a stock heater.

headia2.jpg

headia1.jpg

OP
OP
Young Army Vet

Young Army Vet

Loc.
Ft Bragg
Perfect, this is the kind of illustration I was looking for. I do have the three holes above the radio, but no knobs...atleast not yet,,

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Stock heater, good core with the foam around it, and the proper 190-195° thermostat should be able to make about all the heat you would normally need. Back in the day the Bronco was known for having an excelent heater. About the only upgrade is a Chevy blower motor that blows a bit harder.

Since you want defrost, a stock box is a really good choice. Make sure to hook it up to pull in fresh outside air. The defrost really works better pulling outside air then recirculating inside air.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
You need to move further south then.......j/k :p Someone should have an old box and cables. Before you put it in I would do a heater box rebuild and install the Chevy blower motor and cage. Or you can just buy an aftermarket heater from someone like Summit Racing.

Last edited:

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
Do you have the three knobs in the dash above the radio? Are the cables intact?

It may be as simple and finding a decent heater box, motor, and core and hooking up the defrost ducts, motor, switches, and heater hoses. There really isn't much to a stock heater.

headia2.jpg

headia1.jpg

Grover you 2 furry finger thing, those pics rock.