• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco CNC Projects

ptwist

I have been designing/making some items for my bronco that I thought I would share. I wanted to share this to see if it could give others ideas for items that we could work out. Im thinking the next items on deck would be a steering column/dash bezel or maybe some custom tail light bezels but would love to hear what you think.

OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

Steering column mount

Steering column mount

Attachments

• IMG-4241.jpg
    IMG-4241.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG-4242.jpg
    IMG-4242.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 401
OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

Fuel Line, Wiring Harness, Brake line Mount

Fuel Line, Wiring Harness, Brake line Mount

Attachments

• IMG-4466.jpg
    IMG-4466.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG-4465.jpg
    IMG-4465.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG-4468.jpg
    IMG-4468.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 340
OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

Automatic Shift Linkage (C4)

Automatic Shift Linkage (C4)

Attachments

• IMG-4449.jpg
    IMG-4449.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG-4448.jpg
    IMG-4448.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 310

jonpblewis@yaho

Loc.
San Diego, CA
Looks nice. Wish I had the know-how and equipment to try fabricating some stuff. How about some solid aluminum armrests and matching cups for the inner door panels. I've been looking for something like that to finish up my doors. Also maybe the rear license plate mounting bracket with a place for LED lighting. Tailgate handle and cup assembly? Gas caps?

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
First in line if the price is right! I lack the items in the first two posts. I’m a machinist in the Air Force Guard and every Drill I dont have enuff time to do these simple projects. The lack of plans/ sketches don’t help either. Come next year I’ll have plenty of time on the mill and lathe.
Matt

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
How about something to fill the stock radio hole with USB ports, switch mounts, or anything useful for the space

Montoya

How about something to fill the stock radio hole with USB ports, switch mounts, or anything useful for the space

^X2^ These would be great and I bet they would sell well to people outside the Bronco world as well.

jedblake

Loc.
Boulder City, NV
Aluminum cup holder?
Tried to find a basic one for weeks finally went w/ a Tuffy, useful as hell but no bling factor.
Seen one a guy made for his J**P w/ two billet plates with a few inches of dowl holding them together.

destroyer000

looks awesome! i did the same thing with my fuel lines and brake line with some 1/2 alum flat stock. ive got a cnc plasma and ive made a TON of parts for my build.. thottle linkage bracket for stock 5.0 cable to early bronco brake pedal, trans cooler mount, emblems, resevoir tanks bumpers, just to name a few!

FFbronco8

Dakota digital. Brushed look with black trim looks awesome. Haven't found an aftermarket one I like. Their taillight trim is nice but way to expensive. Your stuff looks great.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
looks awesome! i did the same thing with my fuel lines and brake line with some 1/2 alum flat stock. ive got a cnc plasma and ive made a TON of parts for my build.. thottle linkage bracket for stock 5.0 cable to early bronco brake pedal, trans cooler mount, emblems, resevoir tanks bumpers, just to name a few!

proof is in the pics :)

OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

So for the dash bezel your thinking it would encompass the speedo and steering column? Should it be two separate parts so it can be installed without pulling the steering column? Do all broncos 66-77 have the same layout and basic dimensions of steering column to speedo?

KeithKinPhx

I’d buy the brake line clamps right now if you’ve got them.

One of the vendors already has the billet door handle cup but a base for an arm rest would be awesome. You could then mount a leather covered pad on top. Maybe have two screw holes coming up from underneath. The pad could be mounted on 1/4” plywood with tnuts. That would be awesome. There is nothing in the street rod shops that is a direct fit for Broncos and our paddle door handles.

WH makes the cups but with the stock arm rests it loses its wow factor.

https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/17929/Bronco_Door_Parts_68-77

PM me if you have the brake line holders or are willing to build the arm rest bases.

Thx

FFbronco8

I believe they are all the same. I'd say column and speedo together. Mines all apart so a one piece would work. A 2 piece would appeal to more people I'd imagine if you are looking to sell to the masses.