• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco CNC Projects

OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

Also I forgot that I would be happy to post/send the files/models for the parts that I have made if you want to make them. Just let me know.

OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

I've sent messages about the line clamps to a few of you but thought I would see if anyone else was interested. Im not sure of price yet, probably depends on how many people want them but I can run any of the parts that I have already posted at anytime. Few questions regarding the line clamps.

1. How many clamps do you need? (I used 4)
2. What size of lines would you like? (Think its designed with 3/8 fuel, 1/8 brake, and 1/4 electrical.
3. They use 1/4 fasteners to the frame but what size fastener would you like?
4. Also if you want more or less lines I can probably change it. (im running the fitech with a return line so I needed two fuel lines.

OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

Sorry I went MIA. For a couple months. Between the new baby, shop, new machine, and trying to get my bronco lined out I have been maxed out. I’ll update soon with bigger and better bronco projects.

Attachments

• FA4B4850-6E54-4C1F-A9FE-4CF8350FCAB9.jpg
    FA4B4850-6E54-4C1F-A9FE-4CF8350FCAB9.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 175
  • AFA24E3B-F562-4058-BE32-E883C60C0466.jpg
    AFA24E3B-F562-4058-BE32-E883C60C0466.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 174

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
My Buddy built a gun barrel holder . He takes his sun visors off & puts them in those holes . Gun stands straight up & just a little handle folds over & holds the gun upright next to the door .
. Neat while we hunt for hours in New Mexico.

Last edited:

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... & Another item you could do with the tools you have . An old neighbor of mine worked at a place & he ran about 3 machines .
SO He made me a gift for a birthday years pasted.
He made me a name plate for my Bronco. It's about 14 inches long & Almost 1/2 inch thick .. & MAYBE 4 Inches tall. He made it for the glove box door . But I guess he didn't measure it. It didn't fit.
So I ask him to take it back & drill & tap it for 1/4 bolts .
I added it under the rear window of my half cab.
... SO my BRONCOS name is SNAKEBITE.
Because when I built it .. It seemed like every thing I did to it had to be redone. SO I was Snakebit with this Bronco.
.... I'll try & get a quality picture of my nameplate ... I think it rather special.
.. Sad but it's a part of life today. He was a good kid. but He had a record.. DRUGS . So his ex-wife decided to move on & He's serving 25 year for being set up by his ex.
She was so easy to look at . & she love to get me to take her for a ride in my Bronco . & SHE'D DRINK A BEER OR 3 with me also. But she found her a better / easier life & she set him up & she moved on. I can't help but fell like the Fanz when He told the young Girl ... Now your just a C_ _ _. Like all the rest.

OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

Optima Battery Mount

I finally have a couple down days so im back at building parts for the bronco. Built a billet battery mount. Im very pleased with how this turned out.

Attachments

• IMG-7541.jpg
    IMG-7541.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG-7540.jpg
    IMG-7540.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG-7537.jpg
    IMG-7537.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG-7535.jpg
    IMG-7535.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 94

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very slick, very stout, very sexy!
I like the machined pattern.

Paul

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I like the steering column mount. Seems like such a simple part, but everyone wants a ton of money for them. I need one for a 2” column, zero drop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

Very slick, very stout, very sexy!
I like the machined pattern.

Paul

Thanks Paul.

As always if you need one let me know and ill put it in the mail. Its the least I could do for all your help.

OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

Made a gauge cluster bezel tonight. Not sure about the countersink on the mounting holes.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 122

Jedhead

Great work, impressive product! Congrats on the new addition to the family!

OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

Do you think you’ll be making more of those battery trays?

Im definitely going to make a few more but they are about 1 month out. I run an aerospace business on the side and the machine is part of that. So I'm making my bronco parts in the down time between projects.

The tray worked great for my 1966 BR but I probably still need make another sample and get it installed on a later model to be sure they fit all years.

OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

I’m getting ready to coyote swap and I’m told I need a body lift. Cranked through a few body mount spacers the other night. The rubber bushings are basically brand new and measured.7 in. So I made a 1.3in. Tall spacer. I think that a 2in body lift?

Attachments

• CC9D0299-D582-4B52-93A9-55291207EE32.jpg
    CC9D0299-D582-4B52-93A9-55291207EE32.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 39

NM_outdoors

I’m getting ready to coyote swap and I’m told I need a body lift. Cranked through a few body mount spacers the other night. The rubber bushings are basically brand new and measured.7 in. So I made a 1.3in. Tall spacer. I think that a 2in body lift?
I haven't been on this site for a while and, as a cnc machinist/programmer, was glad to see this thread. I think a 2" BL would be an additional 2" spacer (not 1.3). I mocked the stackup for my frame-off project using 2.75" spacers before buying/installing the mount hardware kit.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk