• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Designs Hard Bikini Top

amfw

I don't drive my Bronco in the winter here in new England and I don't drive it in the rain (or at least I try). I generally run it roadster style with a bikini top and no doors. I am pretty happy with that setup, but I have been thinking of going over to the Bronco designs Hard Bikini Top. I think it could add a little stability to the windshield since it will essentially be tied to the roll bar, provide a nice dome light option, as well as some other customization. Also the water management for the occasional "aw crap its raining" times would be better as it wouldn't sag and pool, and the edges extend further to the edge to maybe actually clear the tops of the doors for drainage.
I have seen Bronkenn's install, but haven't been able to find much else. Has anyone else installed this? I would love to see any pics showing it with soft doors, how it is tied in to the roll bar, or any mods.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Pretty cool, hadn't seen that before w/the hard bikini top

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I had a half cab top. Mounted to my B pillar roll bar and traditional mount to the windshield frame. It was great. I had to have a hard top to rally race the bronco. So this worked as a top and it let me get past tech. Corey is currently ( I wish ) working on a full half cab top for me. The twist is I asked him to put a full top onto the half cab. The rear would be supported by the roll bar. No sides but still have the traditional half cab so I could close up and lock the truck. I would need to put a slider back half cab window in it. So far Corey has been too busy to spend the time on it. But one day.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
That looks pretty sweet! I wish they had a full hard bikini top. I'd probably consider selling my hardtop altogether if that was available.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
That looks pretty sweet! I wish they had a full hard bikini top. I'd probably consider selling my hardtop altogether if that was available.
They do have a full top without the sides. Call it a bikini but its more of a one piece